The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus by Lee Strobel

Dr T

I finished Lee Strobel’s book, The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus next. He was a former religious skeptic but is now a Christian and teaching pastor at Willow Creek Community Church. He worked for the Chicago Tribune as an investigative reporter and he studied law so I thought it would be interesting to see what he found. This book was a 432 page book broken up into 3 parts, "Examining the Record", "Analyzing Jesus", and "Researching the Resurrection."

In this book there was a lot of information and was well written and interesting. The author interviewed 13 Christian experts including such people as Craig Blomberg, Bruze Metzger, Edwin Yamauchi, Ben Witherington III, and William Lane Craig. This book was a book about Strobel’s reasons for his belief in Jesus but not a well-balanced pro and con view of both sides. If you are looking for that, this is not the book.

His book also had others like one of my favorites, Ravi Zacharias, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries; Phillip Johnson, Law Professor, University of California at Berkeley; D. James Kennedy, Coral Ridge Ministries; J.P. Moreland, Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University; and Peter Kreeft, Professor of Philosophy, Boston College. It would take too long to get into each subpart of the three main parts to flesh out all the details here but I’d be happy to talk to anyone a little more in-depth about this book in this thread. This book has a lot of one sided "evidence" but many are begging the question issues in my mind but overall I thought he did a good job with this book. I'd give this 4 stars out of 5.