Getting started

cdezubiria

I am not a mormon but would like to know more. I am confused with all the different web sites.

If I understand it correctly, this site is made up of members of the church, but it is not the church itself.

Of all the links provided on resources, which one would be recommended, besides reading the

book of momon, to get started?

Hi cdezubiria! Welcome!

This forum is actually made up of random people on the internet. There are members and non-members alike. I think majority of those active in this forum are Mormons but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

The best resource for you to get started is lds.org and mormon.org. And, of course, a phone call to your local church to ask for a visit from the missionaries.

I'm a Mormon.

:)

I am not a mormon but would like to know more. I am confused with all the different web sites.

If I understand it correctly, this site is made up of members of the church, but it is not the church itself.

Of all the links provided on resources, which one would be recommended, besides reading the

book of momon, to get started?

Hi there, and welcome to the site (from one new member to another.)

If you want to do some learning on the Internet, let me recommend Mormon.org. This will give you a good introduction. You can also look at some profiles set up by some members.

But if you want to discuss things with live people, face to face, the Church sends missionaries out into many parts of the world, including Colombia. The Mormon.org website has a "meet with Mormon missionaries" option.

God bless you,

Pahoran

Hi and well come. Remember always be careful on teh internett there are a lot decieving sites that look like real mormon sites. We try to keep this forum correctly LDS, but there are a lot of differences of opinion even in LDS memebers too of things that are not directly our doctorin. You can also ask me by PM of sites you are not sure of... as links to those sites are not allowed in this forum. Mostly you notice who is who by the writting. Wrong sites gives you a funny or sick feeling.