Survivor: Redemption Island

Dr T

I watched the first episode tonight. I will post some ideas but not say who was voted out yet.

First thing is that Phillip guy is a NUT! He scares me. He seems like a person that could be a mass murderer. Only appearances of course but these are the people I took a liking too even though some of them barely had any TV time: They are Steve, Ralph, Boston Rob I really like, Mike and Kristina. Kristina really impressed me but she was much too quick to share things with others. I think that was her HUGE mistake. Oh and Grant might be OK too. I'm not sure if it was Mike or Grant that was the military guy. Whomever it was, I liked him. The girls seem push overs (for the most part). The Francesca rubbed me the wrong way too for some reason. The addition of redemption island was a great this season and this first episode was a good start to the season. I very much like this season compared to last season and we just got started. I'll keep watching, pick a favorite or favorites and have fun watching. I hope others watch and post their thoughts too. :)

Edited by Dr T

I must have missed it. (Church ball on Thursday). I'm excited about the idea of kicked of players having a chance to come back. But bringing back Rob and Russell just seems like a gimmick. Can Survivor not stand on its own with new players? Do they always have to bring back old players to get ratings. I get it that Rob dissed Russell at the finally.

I'm just tired of both of them.

Even though not too many people might be watching this season I enjoy the show. The best line from last show was Rob when talking about Phillip and said something like, "be aware goverment work...Stressful." or something like that. He was making reference to what a nut Phil seems to be. I was touched when he talked about his love for the country but didn't really like his tats, the Gorilla and Lion. I love those animals but don't think he did too well explaining how he represents them. I again thought Rob did a good job playing the game. I think Russell was horrible again, Ralph, the Hillbilly guy, is likeable and playing well, the dredlock guy Brett? is an athele, and Matt was playing as a Christian. I wish I could see the redemption islad faceoff but I have to wait for that I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

First redemption island was played. That is a fun new piece. Russel is a thinker, you can tell by how his mind works. He sees the power plays coming but has it in his mind that the game is his to run. I like the Hill-billy still. :) Stephanie is a youngster who needs to grow up. She made a silly comment when she said, "A strom is coming." Why would you say that when it's 8 players to 2 players? That made little sense to me. I'm glad they voted out the player they voted out. I hope he loses to Matt next week.

I do find it strange the one tribe in a way is trying to use Rob to see how they can get farther in the game. The other tribe is probably bonded together for one purpose to get rid of Russlle. (yeah he has a couple of girls with him, but they should know better). We all know how down fall of Pride. Russle seems to have it. Rob has it, but maybe he realizes he could be gone in a second if he doesn't play it safe.

I do like the idea of two others battling, but I think it would have worked better with outh Rob and Russlle.

I watched the next one tonight. I really like Ralph but think he messed up by basically giving away his secret idol at Redemption Island. I know he wanted to put Russell in his place but that was a rookie move I think. Phil is a NUT. I would not want him around. Rob is doing great still but seems to be losing some ground. I laughed when the title for Phillip was "Special Agent?" the "?" cracked me up! I didn't like seeing the person who was sent home go because I think that player is good, smart and useful but it's good for other people that s/he is gone now. When Russ cried it was sad to see. I thought he would have a hard time with it but it still touched me even though I did not like him much as a player. We'll see how next week goes. :)

I would have picked one of those two girls to go home too. That guy helped Rob but then Rob just played it off like he didn't find the idol already. That might bite him. I'm happy Matt keeps winning on redeption island. I feel bad Phillip feels like a loner and isolated but it was his own doing. We'll see how it goes.

I thought it was cool there were two Christians on redemption island. She seemed to really be touch, work quickly and Matt seemed to be going slowly. That was a good battle. The selection for being voted out this week was a good one I thought. They kept talking about how the other girl was not that good at challenges but I'd rather keep her than the other girl. The other one was conra that tribe from the get go.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the Survivor from two weeks ago last night. I really like Ralph. He's a hard worker, not too book educated and calls it straight. I also like Grant and Mike seem pretty cool too. Steve is actually ok but Phil is still a nut. The girls, all but Julie seem to just be going along for the ride. David would annoy me if he was around. I'm still impressed by Matt. He just seems like a cool Christian guy to me. I hope he gets back in the game. Rob is doing all he can do and I like how he's doing. I don't know if he can hold on much longer though.

I was still shocked Matt tried to get back in with Rob. The guy that voted you out the first time. Its almost like he never had a plan B when you got back into the game. Then again It doesn't seem like backstabbing comes natural for him.

I still don't see Rob winning the money. but right now its pretty sad to just see the old tribe get picked off like they are. it wouldn't surprise me in the end the girls end up voting Rob out. Which I guess they should.

I really like Matt a lot. I like that he wants to bring glory to God. :) I think the turning point will need to be Grant. He's an athlete and even says he wants to make is down decisions. If I was on the other tribe, I'd play that up with him as much as possible and keep pointing out that Rob has too much control over the tribe. I know it would be difficult because Rob's set it up that others can't really talk to that tribe but ever change I had I'd say something about it. It could work against them if they did that but if you do nothing then you're going anyway. Bummer about Mike too. He was good also. We'll see how redemption island works next week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The last one I watched is when Phil was called crazy and he turned it into a racial thing. I think Steve is cool, Ralph, Rob, Grant are all my faves. I agree Tubaloth. The girls can turn it all on Rob. I think Matt is great too. Yes, he messed up not switching over when he came back in the game and agree Phil is not very stable. I feel bad he had a hard time being African American but Jeff was right, that was a big logical jump (even though Phil kept talking about coming to Steve with a rational argument). Julie should not have taken the swim trunks and should not have told them she's the one that took them. That was her bad.

The last one the girls had there chance to rise up. Honestly I don't think the girls really are playing to win, just to last as long as they can. (maybe they think that is winning).

I really don't think they have a plan to beat Rob or any buddy else on there team. They are playing to get there team the farthest (which they did). It will be interesting to see what happens next.

I still don't see Rob winning it (even if he is in the final 3). But I think they well take him out before that. It really is a matter if anybody of the old tribe makes it to the final 3.

I watched the last episode tonight. The thing that stood out the most to me was Matt's influence on Julie when she said she appreciated his faith and when she got back home she was going to look at going to a church. I think that's great! She seemed like a nice lady. We'll see who wins the next redemption. I like those two guys. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer Ripplecut. I'm glad you odid. I was in New Mexico last week and was unable to respond. I tried once but then it kept kicking me out so i couold not post.

I watched last night. It was the one that had 4 people battle it out at redemption island. Rob is does not feel comfortbale with Phil and brought up a good point that maybe Phillip was going it on purpose. The person that was voted out was blindsided. We'll c how it all goes down from this point. The family contact was given to the majority of players. I think that was a good move. :)

The episode I watch tonight had Rob stuck in the middle, he lied to two people he said he would be faithful to and eventually did not chose to vote for Phil to stay true to his word (at least to this point). I don't know, I really like Grant so it was a shame he was blindsided. I still don't think Rob will win it either. I know it's a game and about winning 1 mil but still. What would you all do, keep your word or lie for the million dollars? I know it might be easy for us to answer sitting in front of our computers but really, would it be difficult. I think Rob wrestled with his decision but we all know he made that choice. We'll c if it pays off for him or not. The girls might get Rob out if he doesn't win immunityu.

The latest season is now over. I watched it on Monday and Tuesday night. I was wrong. I didn't think the winner would actually pull it out but he did. I'm glad he did too. I think he played the best and was in control most of the game. I didn't think the girls would allow it but they did. I really liked Matt to. I liked a few of the guys but was hoping Matt would win the $100,000 prize but he didn't :( I still like how he represented God and Christian. WTG Matty.