Moses in Spirit World

Translated beings can move between, within and across states of being / realms of existence at will.

HiJolly

That's a possible explanation, but I tend to doubt it. The vision was relevant to the Savior's organization of spirits and their missionary work. It'd make no sense for a bunch of spirits to be there, and then Moses and Elijah with bodies. Besides, the Spirit World is right here on Earth, we just can't see spirits. I don't think translated beings become invisible, thus people could have seen two translated beings talking and associating with invisible spirits. That doesn't fit within my logic well, but I guess it's possible.

Of course, my whole understanding of the Spirit World could be wrong, and it could literally be something of a different realm. But I've always understood that spirits could see us, but we just couldn't see them. If it were a different realm entirely, I don't think they could see us. But what do I know.

Perhaps Moses' translation was only until his mission at the Mount of Transfiguration, after which point he died and thus was in the Spirit World with Christ, and then was resurrected afterward.

Any other thoughts?

Edited by hungrytrash

Moses lived before Christ and as such had to be translated so that he could appear and perform a physical ordinance on the mount of transfiguration. Once Christ had been resurrected, the bands of death were broken and Moses could be resurrected with the faithful saints that slept from the time of Adam to the resurrection. He then appeared to Joesph Smith as a resurrected being.