Learning all about the church from big love?

Guest saintish

While I agree that the sources listed in the OP are not sources on should use to learn about the church, i can see certain reasons that they have been used. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Both Big Love and the BoM musical found such heated resistance that many think it's something members don't want them to see. A "What are they trying to hide" mentality has started to arise.

Book of Mormon Musical has heated resistance? The church said it might entertain for an evening, but the real Book of Mormon would bring people closer to Christ.

That doesn't sound very heated. In my head, I now have this conversation:

"I'm gonna go learn about Mormons from the creators of South Park!"

"The Book of Mormon Musical might entertain for an evening, but the real Book of Mormon changes lives and brings people closer to Christ."

"METHINKS THE LADY DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH! Are they sharing your super secret secret stuff?"

"No. I'm just saying that real edification would come from the -"

"WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!?!?!?!?!"

"Nothing, I'm j-"

"Matt Parker and Trey Stone are the only ones with the courage to stand up and tell the truth about your people!"

"I... See."

"Oh, you'll see all right! South Park is a rocket ship of factualism travelling the fast lane to TRUTH!"