Prenup and alimony

The only way a prenup would work or be even thinkable for a woman to consider is 1. If she has equal education, employment and income as her spouse, 2. Both husband and wife are career people and have no children. 3. The marriage is entered into with equal assets. If not, then no prenup.

Considering this is an LDS forum I think it's common for all 3 of those criteria to be met.

1. At the time of engagement it's common for both spouses to be in college or recently graduated.

2. At the time of engagement it's common for both to have no children (thanks to the law of chastity) and both to have some entry level job (due to being young and/or students)

3. At the time of engagement it's common for both to have little or no significant assets due to being young.

So for a majority of LDS couples getting engaged, all 3 criteria are met. In fact they would apply to 99% of the BYU student body. So you criteria are pretty reasonable.

If you live in the United states then you should know that 70% of divorces are initiated by women. So you can only reduce your chances by 30%.

I do like your attitude though. +1

Also be advised that you cannot prevent divorce with revelation. More than one president of the LDS church has been divorced. I'm not saying that as a negative thing. The point is Heavenly Father is more than willing to let people screw up. That's the plan we chose.

When one factors in the percentage of divorces where the man was either unfaithful, abusive etc as the reason why the woman may request divorce... I would give me at LEAST 50% reduction rate if not more. If I devote myself to my wife and cleave unto her, I see that percentage being even more pronounced. I don't think it's so much that women are wanting and requesting divorce more than men... rather that women these days are less willing to put up with a man's crap.

I still believe that I can receive a promise from God that my marriage will last, conditional on my personal obedience to the Gosepl (doing my part and not being the cause of any of her discontent).

I simply won't give her any cause to ever desire divorce. While she will still have agency, I think it unlikely that a intelligent & righteous daughter of God would walk away from a loving, caring, respectful, provident husband and father.

That small possibility that is remaining, I'll seek personal revelation to eliminate.

Have any of the prophets had their first wife divorce them while they were in the office of apostleship (outside of apostasy)?

If not, then I don't see why I, or any other man, should have to measure myself under what a wife may do when God had commanded that poligamy be practiced. I've considered it and as far as I'm concerned... one is MORE than enough...

Now I simply need to be guided to one of the daughters of God that has a similar attitute and is my equal. Half the battle =)

Edited by Martain
scemantics

it unlikely that a intelligent & righteous daughter of God would walk away from a loving, caring, respectful, provident husband and father.

It's not unlikely. It's impossible.

What is possible that a righteous daughter of God would slip up and not be so righteous one day. Who is to say that David who slew Goliath was not a righteous son of God? I think he was. For a while. People change.

Edited by garryw