Performing Baptism when Working on Repentance

scb79

I am a disfellowshipped member of about 3 months. I am one of those baffling members that has a super strong testimony, great family, and lives the gospel... but made a super stupid mistake in which I was deceitful and dishonest.

I was reading in the new handbook and saw a section which states that a priesthood holder that is not fully temple worthy may be allowed to baptize and somewhat participate in ordinances pertaining to his child if he was working towards, but had not fully resolved his issues. I am wondering if disfellowshipment could possibly fall into this category? Or is it more for members on less severe formal/informal probation? I am meeting with my Bishop monthly and am a bit hesitant to even ask as it seems a bit of a stretch... but thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts or advice.

My child is turning 8 in a couple of months and has hinted that he might wish to wait until I am worthy to perform at least the baptism. He is ready to be baptized and I don't want him to wait on account of his idiotic father, although it would mean the world to both he and I if I was able to perform the ordinance...

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

I am a disfellowshipped member of about 3 months. I am one of those baffling members that has a super strong testimony, great family, and lives the gospel... but made a super stupid mistake in which I was deceitful and dishonest.

I was reading in the new handbook and saw a section which states that a priesthood holder that is not fully temple worthy may be allowed to baptize and somewhat participate in ordinances pertaining to his child if he was working towards, but had not fully resolved his issues. I am wondering if disfellowshipment could possibly fall into this category? Or is it more for members on less severe formal/informal probation? I am meeting with my Bishop monthly and am a bit hesitant to even ask as it seems a bit of a stretch... but thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts or advice.

My child is turning 8 in a couple of months and has hinted that he might wish to wait until I am worthy to perform at least the baptism. He is ready to be baptized and I don't want him to wait on account of his idiotic father, although it would mean the world to both he and I if I was able to perform the ordinance...

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thats my answer. Meeting with the Bishop shows that you are willing to make the changes and working towards making it all better. Ask the Bishop what you would have to do to be worthy of performing your child's baptism. It is a few months out, so you better ask now then wait.

Good luck.