Moroni 10 And Signs

Cal

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Paul Osborne+Mar 19 2004, 05:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul Osborne @ Mar 19 2004, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 19 2004, 01:52 AM

I think there is a great difference between someone trying to tear down the church, and someone stating their opinion or not agreeing with someone elses opinion.

I think we can all learn some great things here as we have already...but taking offense is really not productive.

I am going to PM you and discuss this further...

Peace,

Don't bother. I understand the restored gospel and scriptures and you are being politically correct in your effort to kiss up against the world. The Book of Mormon is the standard by which we measure the world being the keystone of our religion. There are those who seek to tear down Zion. If you can't see it-- well-- I guess you can't see it.

Paul O

Paul, your 'ignorance' is showing again.

Now he is a mind reader! Impressive!

Not really. It was easy. You don't realize how easy it is to see right through you. No special credit is due me.

You don't worry about my salvation. That's a fact.

Paul O

I guess your gift has rubbed off on me, because I can see right through you too! :o

Cal,

What gift? What is it that you see in me that I have not revealed? You have no gift.

You say one thing and you mean another. That is twofaced in my view. You are not at all concerned with my salvation. I called you on that and you were left speechless.

<_<

Paul O

Paul---what specific LIES have I told? If what you mean by LIE is anything that disagrees with some conclusion YOU have come to then, I quess by that defintion, you are right.

I suppose that you are SOOOO convinced you are right about everything that anything to the contrary is a LIE? Let me give you a little enlightenment if I may:

There is a distinction to be made between a disagreement about facts (specific, testable pieces of information ie the age of the Small Sen Sen papyrus), and disagreements about conclusions drawn from those facts. If we disagree on facts, lets find out what the other THINKS are the facts, then our disagreements as to CONCLUSION can be meaningful. But to call someone a liar because he disagrees with your conclusions, without a careful and thourough exposition of all the relevant facts, is premature. At this point all we have done is disagree about conclusions.

Also, to call someone a LIAR is to imply a malicious intent to decieve by mistatement of FACT. Would you please be more specific and point out things that are INTENTIONAL MISSTATEMENTS OF FACTS that are intended to decieve? Statements of CONCLUSION do not qualify as they are INTERPRETATIONS and OPINIONS, not misstatements.

Have a nice day! :)

I have a question Cal. Do you think God is ever wrong...do you even believe he exists? People run around this Earth acting like they can tell God and his standards to "take a hike" and that it won't have any adverse effect on them spiritually in the long run. Just remember, you weren't born as a physical body, you were born as an intelligence and given a physical body for this probationary state. You are subject just like everyone else to human emotion and human error. Try thinking about what Cal the spirit wants, instead of Cal the fallen man. I just see you saying a lot things that make it seem like you dislike the Gospel, and that Gospel came from Jesus Christ.