The Eternal Family

Feinauer

I am a convert. I converted about two years ago. And I have always wondered about eternal families and sealings. My parents used to be lds twenty years ago. But they have fallen away and have gotten into some things that are not temple worthy. They are good people and we have a happy family... But we have never been sealed together. My dad is sealed to my grandparents. But other than that no one in our nuclear family is sealed to anyone. And I am the only one who is lds. My question is, will I be able to be with my parents after death? Even if I am worthy,will I still not be able to see my parents because they aren't worthy?

Great question!

The gospel plan gives us all hope that we can be together as an eternal family, but at the same time we are all subject to law of justice. Through Christ our mediator we have hope of salvation and exaltation. In the end only He will be able to sort questions like this out.

The Short answer is that Those in the Celestial Kingdom can visit lower kingdoms.

So your faithfulness would allow you to see them. But seeing them, and being with them are two different things. They have there own agency and there own reward.

I do hope you bring up this idea to them. You would be able to be sealed to them after they pass away. But there is still agency on the other side.