Book Of Mormon

Snow

"Mother Goose's Melodies. The only Pure Edition. Containing all that have ever come to light of her memorable writings, together with those which have been discovered among the mss. of Herculaneum, likewise every one recently found in the same stone box which held the golden plates of the Book of Mormon.

--title page of Mother Goose's Melodies, 1835

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 29 2004, 10:36 AM

Common Snow...get back here and explain yourself! :unsure::blink::huh:

There is nothing to explain.

Apparently word of the Book of Mormon was so widespread that the publishers included a reference to it in their 1835 title page to lend some tongue-in-cheek credibility to their book. I got the reference from the LDS scholar Teryl Given's book By the Hand of Mormon.

I just googled the quote and found it at a Rutger Universtity site but the link is broken.

Originally posted by Rodney+Mar 29 2004, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodney @ Mar 29 2004, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 29 2004, 12:22 PM

Wow....I am totally speechless....

This I'm dying to see...

Which one? Peace actually speechless or the title page quote? :P:P

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Rodney+Mar 29 2004, 02:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodney @ Mar 29 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 29 2004, 12:22 PM

Wow....I am totally speechless....

This I'm dying to see...

You just saw it silly! :P