LDS Trivia and Puzzles

Jeremy A

. . . Doing this game helps me keep up with the gospel. When I script test, I actually play, and I've gotten questions wrong and even confused me on a few. I'm not sure it's a good thing if I can confuse myself with questions.

. . . I want to remind everyone there are many ways to get onto an IRC network. I choose to use DALnet, because the script is written for that network, and the network created the features that other IRC networks use, especially registering nicknames. To get onto an IRC network, search for "IRC clients" on Google or your app store. If you need assistance, please ask here. I hope that other people with similar or the same problem can be helped at the same time.

I've made some changes since the last game. Some were already implemented, and some were added this week.

One, there is a jackpot that accumulates when questions are missed. I updated it to include missed opportunities to earn points. The jackpot is awarded randomly to players that answer questions correctly. The odds get better the longer the jackpot isn't claimed, and higher point value questions get more chances. I'm still thinking of other ways to add to the jackpot.

Two, I now added a pause feature after a question is asked. Even when I was playing, I felt there just wasn't enough time to think of an answer for questions, especially when more than one correct is needed. It's even worse with really long questions. I added a formula to add a pause in three second increments based on the question's length in number of words. *Really* short questions will have no pause.

Three, I added some stat tracking. Of course, the main point of the game is to answer trivia questions, and everything else, especially the puzzles, are bonus points. The script is now going to track the number of correct answers each player gets. It's also going to track the average point value of questions. This average takes into account two and three answer questions. Finally, it tracks the questions asked and the number of right answers. I decided not to track the amount of time, because I have to manually look for correct answers, and it could get messy, let alone inaccurate. Educated guess questions is a little different where the player gets right answer credit only if a right answer is given. However, it will count for winning streak purposes.

I could probably go into more, but this post is long enough. Besides, I still need to get a web site up. I think this will be the ticket to getting more people to the games. Doing a 24 hour trivia game is not possible right now, and it defeats the purpose of having a human.

Edited by Jeremy A
Removed time sensitive information but left the updates.