Can an Answer to Prayer be Wrong?

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about answers to prayers, especially answers that lead to difficult situations. Sometimes, we ask God to guide us in attending this school, or marrying this person and we get a "yes" answer. But then weeks, or months, or even years later, we find out that that wasn't where we needed to be. Why does God give one answer when it turns out it wasn't the right one for us? Personal Experience When I got back from my mission, I started dating this guy. I felt happy, and I felt content with my life, and I was enjoying spending time with him. We talked about marriage, and next thing I know, I find myself engaged two and a half months later. I remember praying and fasting about if this man was the right one for me to marry and repeatedly, I felt a "yes" answer. So I commenced planning a wedding and organizing my future life. Every time I would question if this were the right course...

View the full article