Be A Pioneer, Because Our World Is Never Settled

Last summer, I had the privilege of attending the temple with a few members of my family. Among them were my grandparents, who had been working diligently on their genealogy for a number of years previous. They brought with them a handful of names, some of the people being from Mexico, some from Europe, some from just a few miles away, but all needing to be sealed to their spouses and families. As we entered the sealing room, my grandfather shared with the sealer that he was the first to be baptized in his family—a long line of devout Catholics—and that his parents nearly disowned him for it. The sealer responded to this with a smile: “So, you are the pioneer.” We proceeded with the ordinance, but after getting through about half of the names, the sealer stopped. I watched him wipe a tear from his cheek, this man who we had only just met, and waited to hear what he might have to say. I will never forget the...

View the full article