What We’re All Forgetting About the Wheat and Tares Parable

"I guess this is the wheat being separated from the tares." "This is a sifting moment in the Church." Comments like these always come across as a premature pat on the back. It's all good because I'm a part of the wheat. We are the wheat. Not only that, but they also imply that those who are not in total alignment with whatever's being discussed are dreaded tares. This always makes me wonder how recently these people have read the account. Speaking of, let's actually read through the parable (Matthew 13:24-30): Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this....

View the full article