Creating Memories

Pamela

As we were raising our children, the Family Home Evening Manual was a tremendous help. Not only are there lessons for Monday night Family Home Evening, but it also includes a great section on 'Family Activities'.

It includes 'activities and games for family fun and learning, plus activities to teach emergency preparedness; suggestions for improving your family home evenings, and examples and ideas to help you solve problems and develop a strong family.'

With so much help given from the Lord, it was easy to create memories with our family - we just had to make sure we weren't so busy as to not take the time.

Memories are more important than things and they can cross the Vail...You never see a hearse pulling a U-haul!!!

I created memories with my kids by taking them to a dandelion field every mother's day and taking pictures in the dandelions...I never allow my kids to call them weeds...They are as pretty as a rose and hardier, too!!!

We have a reservoir near our home...the kids and I climb to the top of the reservoir every 4th of July...we can see the whole city below us and we watch fireworks go off all over the city (Syracuse, NY) Then, my kids and I lay back and look at the stars!!! We have gone up there in the daytime to cloud watch, too...these activities cost me nothing, but my kids will always remember...My daughter and I have found many a 4 leaf clover together on the sloping hill of the reservoir. We walk our dog up there as well...it is a beautiful view of the city. Oh, yeah...and in the winter...my son loves to go sledding up on that hill...my daughter and I opted out of that after our first trip down the hill!! Too scary for me!!!!

• 1 month later...

I had a load of fun with my kids. We went camping and hiking a lot but we did other things too. We had season passes to a water park, went to Astroworld, Seaworld and a bunch of other expensive tings. One of my kids even went to Europe for her junior year of high school. The only thing they ever really talk about is the camping and hiking trips which didn't cost hardly anything.

Save your money and just give your kids lots of attention--take them camping.

• 2 weeks later...

Memories are more important than things and they can cross the Vail...You never see a hearse pulling a U-haul!!!

I created memories with my kids by taking them to a dandelion field every mother's day and taking pictures in the dandelions...I never allow my kids to call them weeds...They are as pretty as a rose and hardier, too!!!

Flowers are cultivated weeds! So you are right.