Newsletter

Guest shake

Guest shake

Last Sunday I was set apart as the RS Secretary. Today we had our first meeting and one of the things the new RSPres wants from me is to put out a newsletter each month, beginning at the first of June. She asked that it be both inspirational and fun.

This sounds easy enough, but I have been a member for only 6 years, and almost all of that time I have served in all capacities of the Primary. Most recently Primary Pres. As many of you may know, when you are in Primary, you spend two full hours there with the kids. The only time I have ever spent with these women was during Enrichment Meetings. Honestly, the ones I really know have children that were in Primary. I know nothing of RS and am very nervous and unsure of how to do this newsletter. Everything from formatting to what to put in it.

Pres suggested recipes. The recipes I always associate with Church usually had to do with the Primary Achievement Days or Cub Scouts.

Any suggestions or ideas would really be appreciated.

Thank you

If you put the newsletter out in the beginning of the month, include that month's birthdays. If it's at the end of the month, include next month's. Do you have someone in charge of visiting teaching? Maybe have that person do a "blurb" each month about the message and maybe their thoughts on it. Maybe have a "Presidency" message where the president or one of the counselors has a little message for the woman. I would try to pass off a lot of the work to other woman, and then just be in charge of setting it up, printing it out and distribution.

Honestly, I dunno though. Those are just ideas. We don't have a newsletter so I'm not familiar with what goes on one.

hey...wow this sounds to familar lol;) been there

you want to add a cute quote, a welcoming section that welcomes the new sisters and there families with a little information on there family. add a section for any meetings and church functions coming up, also a place with the lessons that will be taught for that month and what sister will be teaching them. Sometimes you can add a little recipe and a reminder when homemaking is, and what it will be about for that month.

hope that helps :D