Hi. Anyone Have Any Ideas?

Guest Aleina

Guest Aleina

Hi, all of ou people! my name is Aleina. I don't know why I'm doing this. Probably just havinga moment of weakness, but I left the Church about two monhs ago and I've been relly missing it. I guess I'm just sitting here reading the posts and wishing I could have things back the way they were. It's just that I have honesty prayed and sought and I feel ed awy fro the Church. I'm fficially confused! I do promise not to tout any anti stuff here. I'm a rspectful person. I just on't know where i'm headed anymoe. Does any of that make sence? Probably not. It doesn' make any sence to me. Oh, well.

Aleina

Guest Starsky

Confusion.....did you feel lost and confused when you followed along with the church? Maybe you are just having an experience where you can actually judge the fruits of an active life in the church.

Though flawed...and filled with flawed people, the church is an anchor in a stormy sea of life....maybe you should give it another chance, and this time go in with your eyes open and your expectations trained upon your own spiritual application of principles ....

Seek your own personal relationship with Christ and don't allow others to decide how it will be defined.

Use the church as you would the Library....go in with your wants and desires to learn and gain what they have to offer, but don't make it the whole 'lifes' experience. Do you get my meaning?

When I baptized I never felt the "spirit" coming to me and to reasure my testimony. But, then I gave it a second chance, but this time for myself, not because a crush on a missionary or the promise of marriage from a church man. I did it for me, and now, look at me, I can`t stay one sunday without attending.

Like the man above me said, give it a second chance.

Originally posted by Aleina@May 13 2004, 03:57 PM

Hi, all of ou people! my name is Aleina. I don't know why I'm doing this. Probably just havinga moment of weakness, but I left the Church about two monhs ago and I've been relly missing it. I guess I'm just sitting here reading the posts and wishing I could have things back the way they were. It's just that I have honesty prayed and sought and I feel ed awy fro the Church. I'm fficially confused! I do promise not to tout any anti stuff here. I'm a rspectful person. I just on't know where i'm headed anymoe. Does any of that make sence? Probably not. It doesn' make any sence to me. Oh, well.

Aleina

So, you got baptised, then sometime later began to doubt, so you prayed to see if this church was true (again), you felt as though you were being told by the spirit that the Church isn't true, so you left. Now you are missing the church and feel confused.

Is that right?

Ok, I can understand where you are coming from. Allow me to bring your attention to a few things, first. What was going on in your spiritual life as you began to doubt? Also, do you recall what happened Martin Harris when he prayed to God for an answer to something that he already received an answer to? It was taken away from him. (may not apply here, but it seemed relevant)

Faith is a delicate thing when it first starts to out. It has to be nurished for it to grow. If you aren't doing what you need to do in order to gain knowledge, faith, and a testimony...they will disappear.

I went through times of doubt after I became a member. I hadn't been reading the scriptures, going to church, praying etc..This is when the doubt came and not before.

Also, if you feed yourself material that is against the Church, man's wisdom is what you are feeding yourself, not God's wisdom. God's wisdom will then begin to dwindle away from you. Things begin to make sense to you that were absurd to you before and things become absurd to you that made sense to you before.

Confusion is where that leads you. Thankfully, you still have your free will. You can still choose to live the life your are supposed to. You can have the missionaries come over to talk with you. You can go to your bishop and tell him about your doubts and experiences. You ought not be too embarrassed about this. Your salvation is on the line, so don't you owe it to yourself to gain the knowledge once and for all?

I have spokent o several people in church (predominant members with strong testimonies) who have gone through similiar situations. Faith needs nurturing or it will go away. Satan has been around for a few years, and he knows how human nature is. He knows all the tricks and can use his influences to put doubt into your mind. He knows you better than you know yourself. He remembers the pre-existance, and you don't. But, he only has the influence over you if you do nothing to combat it.

Start praying first. Then move on to scripures when you are ready. Remember, prayer is how you talk with God. Scriptures is how God talks to you. This is a good place to start.

Being a convert isnt easy, the first two years are the toughest. If you choose to stay a member after fasting and prayer, I would get with a good strong bunch of people from church to hang out with. Being around people who understand you and where you come from make life much easier and it makes for a great support system.

love and prayers

Laureltree

Originally posted by LaurelTree@May 14 2004, 11:21 PM

Being a convert isnt easy, the first two years are the toughest. If you choose to stay a member after fasting and prayer, I would get with a good strong bunch of people from church to hang out with. Being around people who understand you and where you come from make life much easier and it makes for a great support system.

love and prayers

Laureltree

indeed. Wise words.