Final LDS Trivia and Puzzles Attempt of 2023

Jeremy A

Hello, fellow LDS Trivia and Puzzles players:

It's time to make one final game attempt for 2023. Christmas doesn't seem like a time to attempt a game, because it's time to spend with families. New Year's can go either way.
I'm not getting any feedback regarding when to have games, so I don't know when to do any. Instead, I'll just set a timeframe that I will be in the chatroom. The next time I'll be in the chatroom will be from 10 AM to 7 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Saturday, December 30. Plan for about four hours. I'll start a game if I get two or more players. The game is on DALnet in channel #lds_trivia. Details on how to get to the game appear on the website. If only one player shows up, we'll either wait for a second player, the player will play against the clock, or I'll play, too.

The large number of subscribers I was getting a day dropped to zero. As of Sunday morning, I have 9,513 subscribers with only 137 confirming their subscriptions. That's about 1.5%. Please be sure to confirm your subscription, or you will not receive any emails.

I made some adjustments to the game:

• Increased the clock bonuses when solving the puzzle to 25 and 100 per second from 10 and 50.
  • Increased the extra points for vowels in puzzles to 7,500 from 5,000. Guessing vowels will cost a total of 1,750 points, 500 of which comes from the player's score.
  • Error fixed: Noticed that when players reveal the puzzle before the puzzle clock expires, the entire 1,500 goes to the jackpot. Now, the clock bonus and the 1,500 go to the jackpot.

I hope to see at least one of you sometime Saturday. Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Three random questions will now appear only in email messages. I emailed the announcement earlier, but I'm hoping the mailing list program used on the website can send the message to those who sign up and confirm their subscription before the game on Saturday.