Christianity is fantastic. I have plenty of Christian friends who attend a variety of different sects; their faith and unique perspectives strengthen me. Baptists, Presbyterians, Evangelicals, Jehovah’s Witnesses—they’re all great, and their goal is to follow Christ. Mormonism tries to do that as well, and if you haven’t already, here are 19 reasons to give Mormonism a sincere try.
1. Give Mormonism a try because, frankly, you’ve probably never actually been to one of their church services before
2. And Mormons are much less weird in person than the internet makes them out to be
3. They claim to have more scripture than the Holy Bible, which, if true, is pretty awesome
4. And because the book is better than the musical
5. They have answers to some tough questions
6. And their young adults choose to be volunteer missionaries all over the world for 18 months to two years, which is pretty cool
7. You’ll be a part of one of the most expansive and efficient humanitarian organizations in the world
8. You’ll be part of an instant community
9. Their #1 priority is FAMILY
10. You’ll be able to take advantage of the Seminary, Mutual and Institute programs
12. Oh yeah, and there’s the Young Men’s and Young Women’s programs
13. Did I mention the Mormon Church is led by prophets and apostles?
14. You’ll learn how to pray if you don’t know how already
15. And how to recognize answers to those prayers
16. They’ll give you the opportunity to serve and lift others up (Relief Society, anyone?)
17. You’ll learn about Priesthood authority and how to get baptized like Christ was
18. And you’ll be able to make sense of some of the more confusing parts of the Bible
19. Last but not least, give it a try because…
The best way to know what Mormonism is all about is to talk to LDS missionaries, your active Mormon friends or, better yet, just show up to a church service near you this Sunday. Visitors are totally welcome. Bring the whole family.