Musical Pioneers

checkerboy

I would have to go with the following:

U2: The Joshua Tree changed the history of alternative rock... And they scored HUGE again with How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb... Their music lifts rock to an art form... I will never forget the first time I heard Vertigo... Wow!! That, pared with their dedication to charitable causes, makes them ledgends!!

Peter Gabrielle: Everything he writes pushes the envelope of rock music... He is a master of introducing something unfamiliar (ie, African chanting and a host of others surprises) and presenting them in a way that makes one wonder why it has never been done before... Shakin' The Tree and Solisbury Hill are fantastic... And In Your Eyes (as recorded on The Secret World Live Tour) is the best 12 minutes in rock music... If you want to see a spectacular show, go to your local video store and rent The Secret World Live concert... You won't regret it!! Additionally, Peter does A LOT of work promoting the music of up and coming artists!!

Sting: The man can do it all!! He was the lead singer of one of the most influential bands of the 80's... He is constantly reinventing himself, and never afraid to take his music in a new direction... Rock, Jazz, Alternative, and ceturies old Lute music... There is nothing Sting can't do... King of Pain, Message in a Bottle, Fields of Gold, or Songs From The Labyrinth... It just doesn't matter, it is ALL good!! And, again, his work with charity makes him all the more appealing!!

Just My Ramblings

Silver Girl

Edited by Silver Girl

nope, there was a dude, i forget his name, that had a "rap" out in the late 50s early 60s, i heard him interviewed on the radio...complete tool

Early rap:

Hut-Sut Rawlson on the rillerah and a brawla, brawla sooit,

Hut-Sut Rawlson on the rillerah and a brawla sooit.

Hut-Sut Rawlson on the rillerah and a brawla, brawla sooit,

Hut-Sut Rawlson on the rillerah and a brawla sooit.

Even more insidious stuff:

Mairzie Doats and Dozie Doats,

and liddle lamsie divy. A kiddledy

divy too, wouldn't you?"

I think notorious rappers Doris Day and Shari Lewis (with Lambchop in da house) both did this number.