Move to Greater Boston Area?

discoDan

Hi all!

I'm a computer programmer in Murray, Utah. My wife and I want to relocate outside of Utah, and my sister wants us to move out by her in Nashua, NH. The closest job market is Boston, MA, so that market is the market I'll be shopping for a job.

My main question is: How is it for a member of the Church living in the outlying areas of Boston? My sister isn't active, so she's not able to give me perspective on this. We don't want to live in boston, just the greater area. Anyways, thanks!

Disco Dan

I spent the greater part of my life in that area. Depending on where you are you'll either have a small branch of 50 -80 people or a ward of 100-150 people. It's a fantastic area and the members there are strong and devoted members. The numbers might be small but they find a way to make it work.

Then again, you might hit one of the larger wards and it won't feel all that different.

We have LDS family in the Boston area. They love it!! They have lots of support and lots of member friends and are always talking about the church and their positive experiences. And they simply love Boston; its people, the flavor and feel of the culture, and of course the baseball! We have waffled about moving their ourselves.

I also had a roommate in college from NH. She loved it! Couldn't say anything bad about the place. But not many members where she was. That was 20 years ago though.