What I Learned Today

At Institute today (Institute of Religion is part of the Church Educational System. It's a free Gospel study program for post-High School Adults) we had a great lesson on Leviticus.

After reading about the Pentecost sacrifices, we watched a video.

A man traveled in time (corny) to his past, and took his young self to the Sinai wilderness. He was teaching him about the importance of the Sacrament.

He had his young self pick out a goat. It had to be a male, and spotless, just like the Lord.

Then they took it to the Tabernacle, where the lamb was dedicated as on offering to the Lord, instead of the young man. The lamb was to die for his sins, in similitude of the sacrifice of the Savior. The lamb being a Type of Christ.

Then the older self told the younger self that he had to kill the lamb.

The boy remarked, "Why do I have to kill him? He didn't do anything wrong."

Man says, "Neither did the Savior."

Thinking about it again brings tears to my eyes.

I never thought about it just like that. I'm so thankful for the Savior, I love Him so much. He didn't do anything wrong.

The Law of Sacrifice was made full by the Sacrifice of Christ. We no longer have to sacrifice lambs in our stead.

But now we must sacrifice a broken heart, and contrite spirit.

So I made a connection tonight, which may step outside the boundaries of traditional Christian beliefs, I don't know.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart

We no longer offer up a lamb, for the LORD is the Lamb.

But we still offer sacrifice, which is that of the the broken spirit and contrite heart.

So we offer these sacrifices up... in similitude of and as a Type of Christ.

When we, Christians, do as the LORD commands, and obey in humility... We become Types of Christ. It not only lets us be cleansed, renewed, and saved, but it makes us more like Him.

I wanted to share the tear-jerker (for me) and then the "Scripture Chain" that I found.

At Institute today (Institute of Religion is part of the Church Educational System. It's a free Gospel study program for post-High School Adults) we had a great lesson on Leviticus.

After reading about the Pentecost sacrifices, we watched a video.

A man traveled in time (corny) to his past, and took his young self to the Sinai wilderness. He was teaching him about the importance of the Sacrament.

He had his young self pick out a goat. It had to be a male, and spotless, just like the Lord.

Then they took it to the Tabernacle, where the lamb was dedicated as on offering to the Lord, instead of the young man. The lamb was to die for his sins, in similitude of the sacrifice of the Savior. The lamb being a Type of Christ.

Then the older self told the younger self that he had to kill the lamb.

The boy remarked, "Why do I have to kill him? He didn't do anything wrong."

Man says, "Neither did the Savior."

Thinking about it again brings tears to my eyes.

I never thought about it just like that. I'm so thankful for the Savior, I love Him so much. He didn't do anything wrong.

The Law of Sacrifice was made full by the Sacrifice of Christ. We no longer have to sacrifice lambs in our stead.

But now we must sacrifice a broken heart, and contrite spirit.

So I made a connection tonight, which may step outside the boundaries of traditional Christian beliefs, I don't know.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart

We no longer offer up a lamb, for the LORD is the Lamb.

But we still offer sacrifice, which is that of the the broken spirit and contrite heart.

So we offer these sacrifices up... in similitude of and as a Type of Christ.

When we, Christians, do as the LORD commands, and obey in humility... We become Types of Christ. It not only lets us be cleansed, renewed, and saved, but it makes us more like Him.

I wanted to share the tear-jerker (for me) and then the "Scripture Chain" that I found.

Good post Lehi:

The law of sacrifice is a law of the covenant made or created by Christ. Because Christ fulfilled the law of justice he becomes the means (mediator) to give requirement for us (man) to accept, live and fulfill the New Covenant. It was necessare that Christ obtained the status of G-d in order for him to fulfill that part of the covenant. He then becomes the source or G-d of the new covenant - which is as you directed (a borken heart and contrite spirit). He also becomes the judge of the covenant - note that the meaning of G-d and Judge of covenant is the same. One cannot have a G-d but that such G-d is their final judge of their covenant with him.

If we do not want to enter into the new covenant then we are subject to the covenant of justice, which because of man's fallen state is not fun, good or smart. When man comes to understand this (most perfectly in the spirit world) they will come to thank Christ. This will fulfill the prophesy that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler
for more clarity