Temple marrige, Celestal kingdom?

hordak

not looking for temple specifics.Hopeful this isn't taboo .

I once heard that temple marriage was required to obtain the highest glory in the Celestial kingdom.( I'll be the first to say i don't recall where i heard it and it might be incorrect)

My question if this is the case is someones salvation/reward dependent on both parties keeping the covenants they make or is it on an individual basis?

If a temple married man took a downward spiral after the loss of his wife could his actions effect her opportunities on the other side?

It is true that our individual worthiness is the determining factor in exaltation. Temple sealing is a gate through which we must eventually pass to inherit the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. God knows and understands those who do not have the opportunity to make that covenant in this life, and will provide a way for them in the future. He also understands those whose spouses do not keep their part of the covenant, and will give them what they need in the life to come.

What if you got married outside of the church (didn't grow up in the church, came to it about 5 years ago and am just now going back after going for only 6 months back then)? What happens then? My husband is not a member and does not want to be one.

God will not force anybody (including your husband, sorry) to accept the Gospel or participate in its ordinances. He will reward you AND your husband according to the knowledge that you have. He does not yet understand the truth of the Gospel. You do. You both need to live as well as you can, according to the knowledge God has given you.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the most confusing aspects of the gospel.

Are you saved as a family? Or as individuals? The answer is both.

Are you saved as tribes? Or as individuals? Again, the answer is both. The Bible says repeatedly, that we are saved by what our ancestors have done, yet also says that we are saved by what we do for ourselves. Is this confusing, no if you understand that you wouldn’t be here and believe what we believe without the prophets of old, but we have our free agency to believe it, or reject it. There is that old saying, “we can’t be saved without our ancestors, and our ancestors can’t be saved without us.” I paraphrased it but as I said without a full understanding of the gospel, being saved both as a family and as individuals is confusing.

What if you got married outside of the church (didn't grow up in the church, came to it about 5 years ago and am just now going back after going for only 6 months back then)? What happens then? My husband is not a member and does not want to be one.

You then must serve as best as you can, and the Lord will make up the difference in the next life. If you are obedient and have a temple sealing as your greatest desire, it will happen; if not in this life, then in the next.