Will You Marry Me?

Snow

Two of my kids went to Youth Something or Other Week or other at BYU week before last. They had a great time. We got lucky and the Ward picked up the entire cost - maybe someone put a big something extra $$$ in Fast Offerings.

Interestingly, their favorite part of the the whole shebang was going to do batisms for the dead in the SLC Temple. Guess I shouldn't be surprized that they liked that the most. I have been taking them to Temple Square on vacations since they wuz infants. While my sister's families spend their SLC vacations going to water parks and Lagoon, I take the kids to the library (the new incredible - and I don't mean maybe), bookstores, museums and Kennecott Copper Mine.

Anyway, at BYU, they were doing some activity which sounded like a cross between The Great Race and a scavenger hunt and running through the building that has the bowling alleys. Maybe you BYU geeks know which building that is. My daughter said that as they were going through the hall just outside the bowling lanes, there is some guys down on his knees, proposing and the coed is crying saying yes.

Proposing in a bowling alley - where else but Provo... or Arkansas.

The bowling alley is in the lower level of the Wilkinson Center. That's actually a very convenient place to propose, because, should she say no the unlucky boy can post another "Ring for sale. Used for proposal once, never worn" ad up on the info board a couple feet away. Seriously, there's a whole section of ads like that written on 3x5 cards.

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 23 2004, 09:27 PM

i'm extremely envious of the new SLC library...<insert mormon foul word here>

You should bring your son here when you come to visit! It has a wonderful children's library. The have the "Crystal Cave," which is just like it sounds. A room with purple crystals that kids can climb all over. The "Attic," which is kind of like a tree house where kids can bring a book and curl up to read. Also wonderful little nooks and crannys with computers in them. I wish I would have had this when I was a kid!

The roof garden is beautiful. I can't wait for autumn so I can take a book up there. Or winter, when I can sit by the fireplaces and read with a cup of coffee. Ahhh...like I said. Heaven. It would be perfect if it wasn't in Utah. Preferably somewhere by the ocean.

Originally posted by bat+Aug 23 2004, 10:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Aug 23 2004, 10:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Aug 23 2004, 07:57 PM

I want to live there.

But then I'd never get to see you. :(

Of course you would. I'm taking you with me.

Originally posted by Jenifer+Aug 23 2004, 09:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenifer @ Aug 23 2004, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bat@Aug 23 2004, 10:50 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Aug 23 2004, 07:57 PM

I want to live there.

But what would I do there? Maybe they have saws and computers there?

Originally posted by bat+Aug 23 2004, 11:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Aug 23 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenifer@Aug 23 2004, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by -bat@Aug 23 2004, 10:50 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenifer@Aug 23 2004, 07:57 PM

I want to live there.

But what would I do there? Maybe they have saws and computers there?

Dear, are you questioning my authoritah?

we went there when i visited my brother last month...his kids loved it, although we didn't really let them explore too much...my brother didn't want them to get their hopes up of getting to check out books since he is a west valley resident and you have to be a salt lake city resident to check out books...