Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

Snow

Remember the old Anti arguement that Mormons had a top secret plot to rule the world?

Maybe there is something to it. Last year there was that incident when some country, I think it was China, that balked when George Bush appointed two Mormons as high level diplomats or envoys to their country. (One of them was John Huntsman who is now running for Gov in Utah). Now, we see that Sherri Dew gave the invocation at the Republican Convention and Mitt Rommney, positioning for a 2008 run at the presidency gave one of the prominent speeches at the Convention.

As you know, Gladys Knight has converted to Mormonism. Teresa Heinz Kerry, isn't yet a member but pays tithing anyway and Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani of Iraq is taking the discussions.

It's all just a matter of time

Originally posted by Snow@Sep 4 2004, 10:17 AM

Now, we see that Sherri Dew gave the invocation at the Republican Convention and Mitt Rommney, positioning for a 2008 run at the presidency gave one of the prominent speeches at the Convention.

The end can't be far now, pilgrims. Indeed, these (not those) are the latter-days.

Originally posted by Snow@Sep 4 2004, 09:17 AM

Remember the old Anti arguement that Mormons had a top secret plot to rule the world?

Maybe there is something to it. Last year there was that incident when some country, I think it was China, that balked when George Bush appointed two Mormons as high level diplomats or envoys to their country. (One of them was John Huntsman who is now running for Gov in Utah). Now, we see that Sherri Dew gave the invocation at the Republican Convention and Mitt Rommney, positioning for a 2008 run at the presidency gave one of the prominent speeches at the Convention.

As you know, Gladys Knight has converted to Mormonism. Teresa Heinz Kerry, isn't yet a member but pays tithing anyway and Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani of Iraq is taking the discussions.

It's all just a matter of time

Snow,

Where did you get the information that Teresa Heinz Kerry pays tithing to the Church? Just curious?

Originally posted by Cal@Sep 5 2004, 07:46 AM

Snow,

Where did you get the information that Teresa Heinz Kerry pays tithing to the Church? Just curious?

I got it from the same place that I got the information that the Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani of Iraq is taking the discussions.

In the immortal words of Wilka Wonka (and the Chocolate Factory):

"Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination." But the part of Sherri Dew and Govenor Rommney are true.

On another note: You have got me interested in physics - that and I saw a special on Nova. I am reading A Brief History of Time by Hawking, bought a copy of Hyperspace by Michio Kaku and just checked out from the library a copy of The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene (that's the Nova special I saw) though I am sure I won't get to it before I have to turn it back in.

Originally posted by Snow@Sep 5 2004, 10:59 AM

But the part of Sherri Dew and Govenor Rommney are true.

Are you sure? Maybe you were simply hallucinating when you thought you heard about it.

Originally posted by Snow+Sep 5 2004, 09:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Sep 5 2004, 09:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Sep 5 2004, 07:46 AM

Snow,

I got it from the same place that I got the information that the Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani of Iraq is taking the discussions.

In the immortal words of Wilka Wonka (and the Chocolate Factory):

"Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination." But the part of Sherri Dew and Govenor Rommney are true.

On another note: You have got me interested in physics - that and I saw a special on Nova. I am reading A Brief History of Time by Hawking, bought a copy of Hyperspace by Michio Kaku and just checked out from the library a copy of The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene (that's the Nova special I saw) though I am sure I won't get to it before I have to turn it back in.

Snow---Somehow I figured it a little farfetched that Teresa Heinz Kerry would be paying tithing to the LDS without being a member. I'm a member, and am not particularly good at it---of course, if God were to suddenly bless me with her wealth, I might find a way to get a lot better at it. ( Please, all those holier-than-moi, no lectures about faith )

More seriously, that's very cool that you like physics. All that space-time warping can play games with your mind, but let me know what you discover--the subject is great "fertilizer" for the imagination. One thing that I have wondered about for a long time, is what causes "time" itself to seem to move in only one direction, whereas the other dimensions have two directions. I've never really heard a convincing model or theory to explain it.

An idea that "seems" to make sense to me is that time is our way of perceiving the expansion of the universe--which of course is in only one direction (sort of like the expansion of a balloon in an outward direction---with the actual surface of the balloon expanding in all its possible two dimensional directions. Since an expanding universe means that ALL space is increasing in size, it is not the same, from moment to moment, and therefore, this could account for events that happen in the same three dimensional space still being described differently because of their removal in time (sort of like two accidents happening at the same intersection, but on different days. They are not considered the same event, simply because of their removal in time. Put another way, if the universe were not expanding, everything that happened at the intersection would be described as identical, if you could even imaging things "happening". The term "happening" itself implies a before and after, which, in itself, presupposes time.

Anyway, if you come across this issue, let me know what you find. I'm still thinking about it.