Serious Question.

iamalighthouse

Would you be mad at your sister for getting pregnant when she's 17?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you be mad at your sister for getting pregnant when she's 17?

• yes
    • no
    • i wouldn't care
    • just disappointed

i just found out wednesday that my 17 year old sister is pregnant. I don't really feel anything now but diappointed because she did something like that and i really looked up to her.

me and my friends are kinda excited about the baby that we want to pamper but i scared that my sister's gonna end up in major trouble cause i don't trust her boyfriend. they're getting married and gonna move in with us so we'll have 12 people living in a 4 bedroom house. do you think i should feel guilty about pampering the baby cause it lets my sister off the hook as far as getting stuff for it. my friends and me are going to throw a big babyshower in february and we're gonna have my grandpa make the crib and we'll paint it and making quilts for the baby. we'll also all have one specific thing that we have to buy for it and my sister will know nothing about all of it till the shower.

I know it's hard not to get upset at your sister, but we all make mistakes. Some might not be as big as that, but we all deserve some forgiveness.

My mom got pregnat when she was 17, and she told me that Rachel (my sister) saved her life. This baby might just do the same for your sister.

Try to be supportive. I bet she's scared. Help her out. :unsure:

What's done is done, you can't change it.

Try and think of this baby as a blessing.

This situation is going to bring your family closer, and my best advice is to learn from her mistakes.

Love her, comfort her. There's nothing wrong with that.

Be the best aunt you can be. :)

Good luck, and let your sister know that you still love her.

do you think i should feel guilty about pampering the baby cause it lets my sister off the hook as far as getting stuff for it.

The child did nothing wrong. As for getting off the hook, unless you plan on getting up several times a night to feed it, give birth to it, and raise it she's far from off the hook.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest &lusername&gt

Originally posted by iamalighthouse@Sep 10 2004, 08:54 PM

yeah. my cousin's pregnant and so is 2 seniors at our school and that's pretty bad considering there's about 600 people total in the high school.

HA! you live in utah dont you? that is nothing comparied to my school ( 28/569)

Guest Winter283

I don't see that there's any reason to be mad over it. Disappointed, I guess. That's how I'd feel anyway. She made a mistake and she'll have to figure out how to deal with it herself.