John Kerry On World Safety

Snow

MOUNT ST. HELENS, Wash. -- Geologists have raised the alert level at Mount Saint Helens to a "volcano advisory," the second highest warning of a possible eruption.

Geologists said activity at Mount Saint Helens is "ramping up" and they are more convinced now that magma is moving under the volcano. They expected an eruption would be limited to within three miles of the volcano.

Scientist told a news conference at the U.S. Geological Survey's Cascade Volcano Observatory in Vancouver, Wash., that small earthquakes are now occurring at the rate of four a minute.

Earlier, scientists said the lava dome in Mount St. Helens' crater apparently is moving, possibly a new sign of an impending eruption.

In a related story John Kerry told a pro-Kerry crowd that the pending eruption was just more proof of a failed Bush presidency and that if he were President, the U.S. would have had better relations with geologically unstable lava domes. Kerry said: "George Bush lacks the vision and moral clarity needed to get along peacefully with volcanos. Although I have twice voted in favor on more volcanic activity, I would not so vote today."

Posted Image

I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for volcanic duty

Guest TheProudDuck

Gadamighty ... that picture ... that is one overdone fake & bake!

I know Kennedy beat Nixon on the televised debates because Kennedy had a better tan, but geez, John -- the word is "tan," not "Home Depot Orange"!

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Sep 30 2004, 12:47 PM

I know Kennedy beat Nixon on the televised debates because Kennedy had a better tan, but geez, John -- the word is "tan," not "Home Depot Orange"!

Nice to see you guys have run out of real issues against Kerry! :)

Cal,

As a lawyer - by the way, when I was talking about wages, I was under the impression that you were a High School Science teacher, an admirable if lesser paid position - you should fall prey to such obvious faults in logic.

Because John Kerry is a world-class blowhard (on the scale of Giscard d'Estaing or Al Gore) does not mean that I have run out of issue.

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Sep 30 2004, 12:47 PM

The Kerry camp had a rule that the temperature in the room for the Presidential debate be at whatever degrees cool so that Mister Tan-in-a-bottle-image-conscious Kerry won't sweat.

In an unrelated story it has been uncovered that John Kerry might me bi-sexual.

Posted Image

Guest TheProudDuck
Originally posted by Cal+Sep 30 2004, 03:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Sep 30 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TheProudDuck@Sep 30 2004, 12:47 PM

Nice to see you guys have run out of real issues against Kerry! :)

I'll remember that comeback the next time I hear some liberal hole make fun of President Bush's "nukulur" pronunciation. ;)

The Kerry camp had a rule that the temperature in the room for the Presidential debate be at whatever degrees cool so that Mister Tan-in-a-bottle-image-conscious Kerry won't sweat.

Yes but the Bush camp said the podiums had to be exactly 10 feet so that John Kerry didn't make bush too small. Plus the bush camp was responsable for 80% of the requests made too bad one of them wasn't that bush appear intellegent!

Originally posted by Snow@Sep 30 2004, 05:33 PM

Cal,

As a lawyer - by the way, when I was talking about wages, I was under the impression that you were a High School Science teacher, an admirable if lesser paid position - you should fall prey to such obvious faults in logic.

Because John Kerry is a world-class blowhard (on the scale of Giscard d'Estaing or Al Gore) does not mean that I have run out of issue.

I'm partly retired from teaching---taught full time for 32 years, now just 4 periods in the morning, my afternoons are taken up with my law practice which I started 5 years ago.

By the way, what is wrong with my logic? You start a thread that has absolutely nothing of substance, just silly mocking and you want me to think you have said something worth reading? Maybe it is your logic that is suspect.

Yes but the Bush camp said the podiums had to be exactly 10 feet so that John Kerry didn't make bush too small. Plus the bush camp was responsable for 80% of the requests made too bad one of them wasn't that bush appear intellegent!

But I'll bet their campaign staff knows how to spell. I wouldn't be knocking other people's intelligence if I couldn't spell.

I'm partly retired from teaching---taught full time for 32 years, now just 4 periods in the morning, my afternoons are taken up with my law practice which I started 5 years ago.

Good to see that you've finally entered the workforce. You know what they say, those who can, do, those who can't, teach. :P:P:P:P

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 4 2004, 04:23 PM

Good to see that you've finally entered the workforce. You know what they say, those who can, do, those who can't, teach. :P:P:P:P

I'm so impressed with your ignorant overused cliches. Fact of the matter is, most people couldn't handle teaching, it takes too much skill, which is why so many of them that have tried it fail. Personally, I have found that teaching was the best choice I ever made. My students come back all the time and tell me about their successes and how much they enjoyed my classes. There is nothing better. Law is challenging, but not near as rewarding. Also, part of the reason my law practice is going so well is because my former students are coming to me to do law work for them--mostly estate planning. Nevertheless, looking back, I would never have chosen law over teaching.

This is not to imply that others might find other lines of work rewarding. This is my personal experience.

As to 'entering the workforce';

Your denigrating teaching is one sure sign of an ignorant and superficial person. Ignorant because you seem to have no clue that teachers who manage their money and time do just as well as those in other professions, superficial because you seem to be mocking those who would chose service to others as a priority.

Hey, Cal? It was a joke, or could you not tell that by the smilies? I think you're getting a little too worked up about a small joke. I wonder why you don't use those smilies more often, it would help those of us who think you are serious about your hatred for George Bush and the reasons for it.

The only problem I see is if you unleash your laughable attacks on republicans onto your impressionable students, that would be uncalled for.

If you wish to start a new thread on how teachers are unappreciated, I would be happy to relate my observations and thoughts with you on the subject.

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 4 2004, 05:01 PM

Hey, Cal? It was a joke, or could you not tell that by the smilies? I think you're getting a little too worked up about a small joke. I wonder why you don't use those smilies more often, it would help those of us who think you are serious about your hatred for George Bush and the reasons for it.

The only problem I see is if you unleash your laughable attacks on republicans onto your impressionable students, that would be uncalled for.

If you wish to start a new thread on how teachers are unappreciated, I would be happy to relate my observations and thoughts with you on the subject.

Maybe we should get into a discussion of the meaning of the smily faces ;)

However, first, I don't discuss my political views with my students. It would be unprofessional. Second, I laugh just as hard at your right wing views as you laugh at my left, so don't feel alone.

Originally posted by Cal@Oct 4 2004, 04:05 PM

By the way, what is wrong with my logic? You start a thread that has absolutely nothing of substance, just silly mocking and you want me to think you have said something worth reading? Maybe it is your logic that is suspect.

Here is what you said:

Snow jokes about Kerry = Snow has run out of substantive criticisms of Kerry.

That is a non-sequitar dear Cal.

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 4 2004, 04:23 PM

My opinion is that there is a cornucopia, yea a veritable plethora, or highly incompetant ninnys in the teaching ranks.... but that a competant teacher is thing valuable and precious resource and that a highly competent and motivating teacher is a thing of beauty.

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 4 2004, 08:25 PM

a competant teacher is thing valuable and precious resource and that a highly competent and motivating teacher is a thing of beauty.

I agree. The problem is, they are few and far between. Many of them are just punching in their time and counting the days until retirement.

As is true in any profession. People are exposed to more teachers than they are to the daily work of people in other professions so we are more aware of what teachers are doing.

Originally posted by Snow+Oct 4 2004, 06:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Oct 4 2004, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Oct 4 2004, 04:05 PM

By the way, what is wrong with my logic? You start a thread that has absolutely nothing of substance, just silly mocking and you  want me to think you have said something worth reading? Maybe it is your logic that is suspect.

Here is what you said:

I don't remember any "equal sign" in my posting. Again more characterization rather than accuracy.

Originally posted by Cal+Oct 5 2004, 06:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Oct 5 2004, 06:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Oct 4 2004, 06:13 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Oct 4 2004, 04:05 PM

By the way, what is wrong with my logic? You start a thread that has absolutely nothing of substance, just silly mocking and you  want me to think you have said something worth reading? Maybe it is your logic that is suspect.

Here is what you said:

I don't remember any "equal sign" in my posting. Again more characterization rather than accuracy.

Are you serious?

I posted a joke about Kerry. You responded: "Nice to see you guys have run out of real issues against Kerry!"

Put that into a mathematical equation and it is:

Which means I am accurate.

Which means that your criticim of me for not being accurate is wrong.

Originally posted by Snow+Oct 5 2004, 07:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Oct 5 2004, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cal@Oct 5 2004, 06:28 AM

Originally posted by -Snow@Oct 4 2004, 06:13 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Oct 4 2004, 04:05 PM

Here is what you said:

Are you serious?

I posted a joke about Kerry. You responded: "Nice to see you guys have run out of real issues against Kerry!"

Put that into a mathematical equation and it is:

Which means I am accurate.

Which means that your criticim of me for not being accurate is wrong.

Who asked you to put it into a mathematical equation? There is nothing mathematical about it. It is you that chooses to make mathematical equalities out of things that are really, at most, analogous.

BTW--why is a light inference that, when you chose nonsensical joking, you have run out of substance, so illogical. It is actually quite an appropriate comment, to be taken somewhat lightly, and not to be taken to the extreme you insist on. I don't recall taking it to the point of saying you will never again in the whole history of life ever have a single substantive comment. Don't be so touchy!