Has Anyone Heard Of The Born-again Mormon Group?

Guest Mary

Guest CharmlessMan

Maybe these born agains will rub off on peeps or better yet maybe the church will rub off on the or amazingly enough maybe they will coexist and act semi normal and help eachother.

Sorry Halley I really do agree with you and was trying to say so but it came out wrong. I do believe that LDS members can be a good influence to people who are searching for truth. I was trying to suggest in my post that everyone is welcome to the church, if they are coming here to learn. I was only suggesting that if they came to church for the sole purpose of tearing down everyone's beliefs then that would be unfair. I believe that another poster said that they would be found out rather quickly and most people would undersdtand the truth of things.

Although given other peoples recent posts it does seem like this group of Bonr-Again Mormons are simply doing as I stated earlier. Come in to tear down the church from the inside. Jenda even found their website to be very anti-LDS, and saw that the person who started this thread masy just be a person who is trying to teach us of these people that we might be interested in their teachings RATHER than a person here to warn us against this group.

I agree the church should welcome people with open arms, but not when they are doing so willfully to stab members in the back. And on the face of it, this group wishes nothign but this.

CharmlessMan

Guest Starsky

Just to re-interate the imparitive nature of being reborn:

GS Born Again, Born of God

I will put a new spirit within you, Ezek. 11: 19 (Ezek. 18: 31; 36: 26). Those who believed on Christ’s name were born, not of blood, but of God, John 1: 12-13. Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God, John 3: 3-7. We can be born again by the word of God, 1 Pet. 1: 3-23. Whosoever is born of God does not continue in sin, JST, 1 Jn. 3: 9. For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world, 1 Jn. 5: 4. Those who are born of Christ covenant with God, Mosiah 3: 19; 5: 2-7. All people must be born again; yea, born of God, Mosiah 27: 25-26 (Alma 5: 49). Have ye spiritually been born of God? Alma 5: 12-19. If ye are not born again, ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven, Alma 7: 14. Whosoever believes on my words shall be born of me, even of water and of the Spirit, D&C 5: 16. Ye must be born again into the kingdom of heaven, Moses 6: 59.

GS Sons and Daughters of God

The scriptures use these terms in two ways. In one sense, we are all literal spirit children of our Heavenly Father. In another sense, God’s sons and daughters are those who have been born again through the atonement of Christ.

Mosiah 27: 24

24 For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit.

Alma 5: 14

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have yeaspiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

Alma 36: 5

5 Now, behold, I say unto you, if I had not been aborn of God I should not have known these things; but God has, by the mouth of his holy angel, made these things known unto me, not of any worthiness of myself;

Alma 36: 26

26 For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God.

Alma 38: 6

6 Now, my son, I would not that ye should think that I know these things of myself, but it is the Spirit of God which is in me which maketh these things known unto me; for if I had not been born of God I should not have known these things.

Originally posted by CharmlessMan@Feb 1 2004, 10:02 AM

......Come in to tear down the church from the inside.  Jenda even found their website to be very anti-LDS, and saw that the person who started this thread 'may' just be a person who is trying to teach us of these people that we might be interested in their teachings RATHER than a person here to warn us against this group.

I agree the church should welcome people with open arms, but not when they are doing so willfully to stab members in the back. And on the face of it, this group wishes 'nothing' but this.

Charmless~

Good post, I know that you hit the nail right on the head in explaining to Halley what you meant..I'm glad that you added this, since I was starting to formulate a rebuttal against what you had earlier stated.;)

When someone asks me why I talk to the "anti's" or the "ex-mo's" I tell them that I learn a lot from talking to them.... Even if I start to question certain things, I have learned that I develop a stronger testimony for myself with the questions, the extra studies and prayers. So you see, the efforts that "these" people make in trying to turn us against the church actually helps us grow stronger. Sorry, to knock "them" down a peg or two... but "they" are one of those headaches in life that make you thankful that you are alive and capable of feeling temporary pain.

Yes, I will agree that there are those who infiltrate what they consider "enemy territory" to try to sabotage what they can. They can be subtle, or sneaky or downright honest like some of the regular posters we have grown to love or appreciate :) I respect those who are upfront with what they feel and learn things from their posting. Doesn't mean I accept what they say as truth...but I respect them more for who they are.

Bat and AS-8 are prime examples, they deserve my respect because they aren't phonies, they say what they think and feel. And I am comfortable with that, because I am secure in who I am now and what I know is true for me. They are not repetitive and obnoxious (for the most part) ;) and this board is darned lucky to have them.

My two cents for all.....take it or leave it :)

----------------------------------------

EDITED TO ADD THIS IN:

I don't want to forget USN...I have learned a lot from this young man...And I can tell you that he knows more about the Bible than most "older" adults I know :)

He's a keeper!

Peace, I don't think that anyone here denies that one must be born again (thanks for the scriptures! :) ), what is being objected to is that some people who think that in order to be born again one must give up the LDS faith, or their 'born-againness" is not true. I find that people who think like that are extremely narrow-minded.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Jenda@Feb 1 2004, 07:14 PM

Peace, I don't think that anyone here denies that one must be born again (thanks for the scriptures!  :)  ), what is being objected to is that some people who think that in order to be born again one must give up the LDS faith, or their 'born-againness" is not true.  I find that people who think like that are extremely narrow-minded.

I just didn't want anyone to get lost... ;) I remember back when the church didn't teach born againness at all because of the Born again Christians .... the church was afraid the people would start thinking the born agains....had the truth.

They started using terms like spiritual growth, and persuit of excellence, and striving for perfection.....pathway to perfection...they even quit using the term of perfection as taught in Moroni 10:32-33. Instead they teach that perfection is impossible in this life...

It can get all messed up...so...I just didin't want to go down that road again.