students and parents of out of state students

jolee65

My youngest daughter has always wanted to go to Salt Lake City for college ever since middle school , shes in her last year for high school, so all year its been talked about she decided on LDS Business School and she palns on majoring in Business Finance.

But now we have a huge problem she thinks her boyfriend is going to follow her out there and get an appartment and shes going to live in the dorms.

We feel thats going to be a huge mistake and a big distraction. shes getting fearful of the move and being on her own in another state and see's her boyfriend as a safe haven.

Her boyfriend didnt go to Florida like he was supposed to he graduated last year and was going to attend some trade school and now that he didnt go he wants to follow her, hes being a stick tight and seems to controll her moods and whats going to happen in her life.

Shes gotten kind of out of control and seems removed from the family.

Hes not a church member and had a negative attitude and is disrespectful.

because we didnt agree with her she went to a friends and has been home since friday

im not sure what to do with the whole thing.

My youngest daughter has always wanted to go to Salt Lake City for college ever since middle school , shes in her last year for high school, so all year its been talked about she decided on LDS Business School and she palns on majoring in Business Finance.

But now we have a huge problem she thinks her boyfriend is going to follow her out there and get an appartment and shes going to live in the dorms.

We feel thats going to be a huge mistake and a big distraction. shes getting fearful of the move and being on her own in another state and see's her boyfriend as a safe haven.

Her boyfriend didnt go to Florida like he was supposed to he graduated last year and was going to attend some trade school and now that he didnt go he wants to follow her, hes being a stick tight and seems to controll her moods and whats going to happen in her life.

Shes gotten kind of out of control and seems removed from the family.

Hes not a church member and had a negative attitude and is disrespectful.

because we didnt agree with her she went to a friends and has been home since friday

im not sure what to do with the whole thing.

There are significantly larger issues, seems to me, in that her choice in this boy is quite a poor one given what you describe of him. He is clearly a bad marriage prospect and not even any good as a friend. Why is she feeding this relationship? If she is unsure of herself and tentative about her own ability to be on her own she should not leave home!!!

I seems obvious she needs to stay home a bit longer, deal with this "relationship" and grow the backbone to stand on her own two feet away from home.

yeah she turns 18 in Nov. so yes you might as well say. she moved in with a friend today and I think its best her attitude is so bad right now that we need time apart.

She was put on birth control for medical reasons didnt have a period but for three times a year because of sports and she was very low on iron and she put on weight and ate all the time , then she started having a period every month but they were very heavy and she had headaches all the time so I said maybe she would be better off taking an iron suppliment and hope she has a normal cycle.

This might have something to do with her attitude but who knows.