1 Nephi 2:11

HoosierGuy

1 NEPHI 2:11

11 Now this he spake because of the stiffneckedness of Laman and Lemuel; for behold they did murmur in many things against their father, because he was a visionary man, and had led them out of the land of Jerusalem, to leave the land of their inheritance, and their gold, and their silver, and their precious things, to perish in the wilderness. And this they said he had done because of the foolish imaginations of his heart.

QUOTES FOR DISCUSSION

It is exceedingly important for members of the Church to get experience following the prophets in little things, so that they can follow in large matters. By following the prophets in fair weather we become familiar with their cadence, so that we can follow them in stormy times too, for then both our reflexes and our experience will need to combine to help us; the stresses will be so very real.
Neal A. Maxwell, All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience [salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1979], 102

When the prophet speaks, the debate is over!
Elaine Cannon Edited by HoosierGuy

"When the prophet speaks, the debate is over!"

True. We/I may not follow all the words of the Prophet but I know I should follow those words.

"By following the prophets in fair weather we become familiar with their cadence, so that we can follow them in stormy times too, for then both our reflexes and our experience will need to combine to help us; the stresses will be so very real."

True again. Let’s follow the prophets in easy times and easy things so that we will be ready and able to follow them in tough times too. That's something I need to remember.

Two good quotes