So Where Is Everyone From?

Writer_Chick1213

Originally posted by jrockwell1222@Nov 27 2004, 10:13 AM

i'm from northwestern pennsylvania. and to make you feel all better, i'm the only lds kid in my school of about 500.

are you kidding me???? a) i can't imagine having a school that is that freaking small but b) i don't think i could do it being the only LDS kid in my entire school.... do you get a lot of crap for it or are people ok with it because you're the only one??

yeah, deepthinker. but remember. we are in the same stake. and to gimp, honestly it can be sometimes but not how you think. most of the kids at my school respect what i believe in. they don't down it. they have before but not a whole lot(they had a teachers help but thats besides the point). i've taken friends to church with me so that helps. and ppl ask me questions all the time so thats hard. but with no one else with my beliefs they don't see certain things wrong. i get invited to parties all the time. i have a girlfriend who is lds but goes to a different school, but same ward. i get asked if we've had sex all the time and ppl don't understand why i say "no, not until marrigge." but its fun. i don't get it that bad. maybe because i'm the only one everyone is curious. i actually have friends, and i know this sounds bad, who if they want to do something that would affect their driving they want me to come along to drive.

ya know, i actually like living in such an LDS populated area- i know for myself that i'm not leaning on anyones but mine own faith, and its nice to have people that relate to you. It's cool to not be the only one who has on a modest dress at prom, and its cool that lots of people ask me questions about my religion, because they are curious about the enormous amount of people at our school who believe in the same thing. The only big drawback is being compared to everyone else- aka "she doesn't drink caffeine, why do you?" and having to live with the reputation (whether good or bad) that my peers set. sometimes its hard living up to the "molly mormon" thats in one of my classes and stuff like that

man, not that. Whoever came up with Molly Mormon and Peter Priesthood just needs to get it. Can't stand those terms. We shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the so called "Molly Mormon" or "Peter Priesthood". I think sometimes LDS people are too critical of others. The one thing I like about living around a lot of LDS people is the fact that it'll be easier to keep your standards straight whereas many of your friends share the same ones. I would think it would be harder around a school with like no LDS people to keep your standards strong.