Confused

gimpandproudofit

i don't know what to do with my life- its seems like no matter what I do or how i act, i can't be truly happy. people around me think that there is nothing going in my life, but i think i'm just putting on a face for them, and even for myself sometimes. i know that everyone has disapoinments and things that don't work out in their lives, but its seems to me that that is all i have in my life. i'm trying so hard to be happy, and sometimes i'll have a day or a night when i really am, but then after that it just goes back to how it was. i think i need to get my partriartical (sp i know) blessing, i'm 17 and a half and i still haven't gotten it..... will that help??

I agree that it seems to be a teenager thing because I feel the exact same way. You could try the usual things like prayer and reading scriptures, it does make a difference. Also talk to your bishop, he's not just there for repentance but he's there if you just need to talk. He's the one person you should be able to be 100% honest with. I had a hard time getting used to that because I don't really know my bishop but i found out that it doesn't matter because you can trust him because he is called of God. Even if you can just talk to someone and be completely honest, it doesn't have to be your bishop, just someone you trust. It helps a lot to just have someone you don't have to pretend to be someone else around. So my advice is just to talk to someone.

Originally posted by Writer_Chick1213@Nov 25 2004, 05:56 PM

Also talk to your bishop, he's not just there for repentance but he's there if you just need to talk. He's the one person you should be able to be 100% honest with.

i know that is really good advice, but I don't know my bishop hardly at all. we just moved into a new ward about a month and a half ago and theres nobody in that ward that i feel ok talking with. they're not very friendly.... am i allowed to go to my old bishop? i was really close with him... or are you not able to do that once you're not in their ward anymore?

Originally posted by gimpandproudofit+Nov 25 2004, 10:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gimpandproudofit @ Nov 25 2004, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Writer_Chick1213@Nov 25 2004, 05:56 PM

Also talk to your bishop, he's not just there for repentance but he's there if you just need to talk. He's the one person you should be able to be 100% honest with.

i know that is really good advice, but I don't know my bishop hardly at all. we just moved into a new ward about a month and a half ago and theres nobody in that ward that i feel ok talking with. they're not very friendly.... am i allowed to go to my old bishop? i was really close with him... or are you not able to do that once you're not in their ward anymore?

I don't see anything wrong with that.

your old bishop will probably council you to go and talk to your new bishop. ha can talk to you as a friend, but that' probably what he will do.

and, if you're spiritually worthy and you feel that you want to get your patriarchal blessing, then go for it. it will give you spiritual guidance and that could certainly help you.

I know exactly how you feel gimpandproudofit. Life in general is confusing.

Prayer helps alot. Sometimes I try not to pray the same way or say the same things. I try to think of it like I am just having a conversation.

I just recieved my reccommend for my patriarchial blessing and before the interview I was really bummed out. I had just gotten $30 stolen from my wallet and my Dad was bugging me about spending too much time doing church stuff instead of spending time with him. (He's not a member) Just speaking to my bishop helped me feel better.

have you benn praying about it? have you been searhcing the scriptures? If you're unhappy now, I don't think you're patriarchal blessing will help much. I mean, it will probably give you a little bit to build on, but you are going to have to do most the work.