Things we don't do any more because of the bad economy

RainofGold

Walmart and Target exceeded earnings expectations. Abercrombie & Fitch, The Gap and all those other pricey stores had lower than expected earnings.

Keep in mind that lower than expected earnings does not mean they lost money. It means that they earned less than the analysts had forecast. Earning less than forecast is different than losing money.

Ben Raines

My daughter works for Target. Where she once was full time...they have had to lower her hours to about 20 a week due to store sales.

nothing has really changed. I've always enjoyed being frugal. I only have a land line (no cell phones) so that our local and long distance is under 20 bucks, because I use a phone card (cheap!)

Our big splurge is going on drives. Once a week we'll go on a long drive on the back roads. We still did this even when gas prices were high. I'd rather go for a drive with the family then go to the movies, and it's cheaper.

We bought a mini-van this last weekend. Nothing has really changed recently. My husband just got a raise, and that's going straight to savings.