How to get in contact with a really hard to contact sister

AngelLynn

Okay my visting teacher and I have this sister that is really difficult to get in contact with to do our visting teaching with. I know a lot of it is due to the fact that she is a nurse and a lot of her time is spent working as a nurse. But she doesn't neccessarily make it easy any other time to have us contact her. As a person this sister is very reserved and quiet towards us. She is very open with other sisters in the ward. So we sometimes wonder if we are not the right sisters for this sister. We do our best to reach her though even if it means talking to her by phone, mailing her the message, and leaving her gifts by her door, or talking to her at church. Somehow we both feel that there is a wall around her spirtually that we just can't get through. It's extremly frustrating but we are both very determined to visit our sisters each and every month.

Maybe this is why you have the calling to be her VT, think about it. you leave her stuff by her door, you send her messages, that is better that what i get. i dont even know who mine is the last 3 years, no one has called me, no nothing and i dont work. you are showing you care and i am sure by leaving stuff she knows, you maybe doing more than you think you are :)

Maybe this is why you have the calling to be her VT, think about it. you leave her stuff by her door, you send her messages, that is better that what i get. i dont even know who mine is the last 3 years, no one has called me, no nothing and i dont work. you are showing you care and i am sure by leaving stuff she knows, you maybe doing more than you think you are :)

We have had that situation as well with another sister we were assigned to. This sister has MS and she cannot get out of her house that well. Before we were assigned she had no one coming to see her. They were about to take her off our list of sisters to see but we put our foot down because we feared that she would go back to not having sisters come and see her and we know that it's important that she should have contact every month.

angellynn, please keep up what you are doing. My youngest daughter had gone inactive. She and her family lived in Phoenix. Her vt came every month without fail. She wouldn't answer the door even if she was home. They always brought cookies for the kids and left them on the flower box by the door. Her husband would come home and bring in the cookies and say "your vt were here today" They never stopped even when they thought like you. The long ans short is they didn't stop and now she is

active and her kids are in primary. The oldest is in yw. I don't know these women but I think God every day they didn't stop visiting. They did eventually get in. Please keep it up. She is someones daughter and you may never know the outcome in this life.

angellynn, please keep up what you are doing. My youngest daughter had gone inactive. She and her family lived in Phoenix. Her vt came every month without fail. She wouldn't answer the door even if she was home. They always brought cookies for the kids and left them on the flower box by the door. Her husband would come home and bring in the cookies and say "your vt were here today" They never stopped even when they thought like you. The long ans short is they didn't stop and now she is

active and her kids are in primary. The oldest is in yw. I don't know these women but I think God every day they didn't stop visiting. They did eventually get in. Please keep it up. She is someones daughter and you may never know the outcome in this life.

Thank you for your kind words. I easily get discouraged at the drop of a hat. Your words inspire me. The sister we are seeing was also once inactive. Now she is a bit more active and I guess the best way to say it is that she is semi-active. I know this sister has had a tough time. She's been married and divorsed before and her children are both going in all sorts of directions. Her son thinks that she's being unfair to him and so he left and is living with his father, who is not a member of the church. Her daughter finally finished High School and joined up as a MP and could possiblely be sent to Iraq. I know her life has been hard and so I am sure you are right that our determination to get the message to her has been a blessing in her life.

My wife inspires nightmares in VT's. She's incredibly reclusive. She never answers the phone, or returns calls. Her valiant and tireless VT's are forced to leave a message on our machine, and then stop by and drop something off. I make sure I thank them whenever I see them "for their tireless diligence in the face of extreme reclusiveness".

All that said, my wife has no problem with her testimony. "hard to visit" might usually mean "going/gone inactive", but not always.

LM

We finally found out why it was so hard to contact this sister this month. She called us and appologized and said that she has been sick. She thanked us for delivering her a small box of chocolate and the message. My partner, who is my mom, and myself we've also been sick so we laughed about it and said that we would try and come by next month.