Advice on how to prepare when barely skirtting by as it is?

yenni

Well Im not a Mormon but I can say this. Always tithe. You will never be able to out give God. Thats not the reason to give but it is true. He will always give you more than your offering.

He is sufficient. He knows what you need before you ask. He does not have bad in store for you.

And I ask Him not to provide every meal you will ever need and that you will be able to provide a meal for a visitor in need.

• 2 weeks later...

Get back to the basics. Prepared food cost a lot more. Try making dinner from scratch.

If your recipe call for a can of black beans the equal amout of dried beans will cost less. You will need to plan ahead, because you need to soak the beans overnight or do a fast soak. Instead of pancake mix try making your own from scratch. I gurantee you you that if you use fresh ground wheat it will fill you up more then pancake mix.

I have been trying to perfect my baking from ground wheat and my daughter finely had to ask me to stop making cinnamon rolls because she was gaining weight and they were two good not to eat.

A friend said to me last week. "If it's handed to you through a car window it's not food. If it wasn't food 100 years ago, it isn't food today.

Good luck

California, that is great! I agree. Most people dont know what real food tastes like anymore. Even if they did they would cover it with salt so it would taste more like canned. I am interested in your pancake receipt. I do want to grind my own wheat and make them. Would you share that with us?

thanks

a

California, that is great! I agree. Most people dont know what real food tastes like anymore. Even if they did they would cover it with salt so it would taste more like canned. I am interested in your pancake receipt. I do want to grind my own wheat and make them. Would you share that with us?

thanks

a

I use the 1969 version of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. It has many variations of pancakes. Rather then "clog" up this thread I'll email you the recipe and the versions to the email on your profile.

I had another thought on money for prepareness or food storage.

Over the past year I changed by hobby and didn't want to take a major chunk money from the budget to finance my new hobby. I listed the individual items from my old hobby on ebay and made close to $4000 (most were considered antiques) and totally funded my new hobby.

When selling on ebay it is important to accurately describe the item (damage or missing parts). Use a digital camera to display pictures of the item with a plain backdrop like a sheet or butcher paper to eliminate any distractions from background. Fully investigate total shipping costs like the postage or UPS costs, the box or shipping container and cushioned packaging etc (so that you won't be subsiding shipping with your profit).

I was just cleaning out my sons room (He moved out more then 7 years ago) and found all his Star Wars toys from the original movies back in the late 70's. I aksed him if he wanted them, he said "No, just put tem on E-bay. Most are in the original packaging (he wasn't "hard" on the toys). They should bring a "pretty penny".

Another idea is: My daughter has a once a year garage sale. She usually nets around $2000. She has good items that she has collected from her brother and me; prices them reasonably so she won't have leftovers. Then she sets the garage sale for the first Saturday of the month (just after payday)

Hope these ideas help.