How Do You Feel About Meeting Those Who Have Gone Before?

lusciouschaos

Ironically, at this time the deceased people I would most like to meet are people I have never met before. In my family, the only immediate member I am actually looking forward to meeting is my great-grandfather George, who I have always felt an unusual connection with (he died two days before I was born, yet my mom speaks so fondly of him it seems I have met him before. I personally think he's my guardian angel :) ). Others are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, the previous prophets... but no closely related family members. As of yet, no one close to me has died (except for a few pet dogs, which I also am eager to be reunited with).

I don't really know what to expect because it will be the first time that we will really see eachother as we truly are, and with the veil lifted. I think that a lot of our past baggage and unresolved issues will become instantaneously irrelevant.

Just an aside. I like how everyone wants to meet former prophets, presidents, etc. Will it be like a book signing where we can all go up to the table and have 5 seconds to chat it up with John Adams?

I don't really know what to expect because it will be the first time that we will really see eachother as we truly are, and with the veil lifted. I think that a lot of our past baggage and unresolved issues will become instantaneously irrelevant.

Just an aside. I like how everyone wants to meet former prophets, presidents, etc. Will it be like a book signing where we can all go up to the table and have 5 seconds to chat it up with John Adams?

Nah... I want at least a good 8-10 (Earth) days to hang out with George Washington and Adams and the other founding fathers and hear their first-hand accounts of how 'it' all went down. They could call it 'Maxel week'. Yeah, I like that. I could explain how a proscenium arch works, and they could explain the political sentiments of the times.

The rest of eternity I hope to spend with my lovely wife, children, and other family. On that note, I really want to start RIGHT NOW. *Goes looking for a wife*

I'm not sure anyone here can sympathize with you there!

I've never had the pleasure of meeting someone from the other side.

I'd like to meet my great grandfather.

What I can share is that of my own father who proceeded me in apologizing on raising me as a child. I just reminded him, "...there is nothing to apologize my father."