Adoption

Guest MacawMan426

Guest MacawMan426

Is there a mormon adoption network?

I was thinking many years from now I woud adopt a school aged child if I ever decided to become a parent because I'll probably never get married.

I know of some different religious adoption networks but they only do infant adoptions and that would not be an option for me.

Guest MacawMan426

Foster care is out.

My family has done both and foster care is not really for those who wish to adopt most of the time.

It is considered discrimination now to refuse to allow anyone to adopt just because they are single, they have to consider each case.

If they are for infants they most likely require a stay at home parents, in which single parents usually don't qualify.

But your profile states that you are only 21. What makes you think you will never marry? As far as I know, LDS Family Services is for infant adoption. Generally, if you wish to adopt older children, then it is done more through the state or through foreign adoptions.

Guest MacawMan426

Actually now I think I already knew the answer to this question but just forgot. We looked into LDS Family Services when we were considering taking in one more child, but it didn't work out, and we realized that they only do infant adoptions.

The only real specifics I'd have would be a boy, and a school aged child. The reason for that is I cannot raise a toddler or preschooler by myself, and older teenagers tend to run away a lot, and it is a good chance that they won't really bond with the parent.

The reason I probably will never get married is because I have no interest in women. I'm not saying that I want men or anything, but I just never had the desire to date, or have any romantic or sexual relationships.

It's probably best considering I'm thinking about going on a mission, but I have many doubts about whether I'd make it through it.