future girlfriend of a missionary

daisy5

Dating is a way we grow and is a way to meet other people to help us make our decision on who we should be with. Being that you feel you should date others and learn more then it's pretty clear that you are not 100% sure this is the guy you want to be. The best thing you can do is realize this and have him realize this.

Maybe, just maybe, being away from him for 2 years and dating others will make you 100% sure that he is the guy for you.

Just want to add, any time you date, temptation enters the picture....but you already know that.

Maybe, just maybe, being away from him for 2 years and dating others will make you 100% sure that he is the guy for you.

I love this idea.

Letting someone go on a mission.....and in the same vein letting someone stay home and live is best done with faith rather than fear. Let go in trust.....and if it is yours it will come back to you.

Guest Lexish

I'm not reading all the other posts, but here it goes:

No one knows what will happen between the time he leaves and the time he returns. I told my boyfriend I would for sure be there for him when he got back. Through a lot of "hanging out", then casual dates, I found myself with a boyfriend. Does it mean I love the missionary less? No. It means the situation has changed. And the only thing I regret is talking too much like the future was set in stone. My only advice is that both of you acknowledge and keep in mind that the future can change. If you want to wait for him, do it! You can :) And things can definitely work out in the end. (There is a whole facebook group dedicated to this subject, btw). But he needs to know you may go on dates, and that should not be his focus while away.

I would say, break up with him, it's prolly the best thing to do, if you're not sure you'll be able to wait for him without dating other guys then just stop your relationship with him. I'm a very jealous person so I can pretty relate with your current boyfriend. Nobody here can tell you what's the right thing to do. If he's as jealous as I am I'd consider cheating if my girl dated other guys while I was doing such an important thing. That's my opinion: take your time, talk with yourself and then you'll know if he's worth 2 years without dating or not. I'd also tell you that even if you do not date that doesn't mean you're not going to have good times in those two years.