Idiot Anti's

Snow

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?...CF-0B82A188FAEF

"Some of the doctrines aren't spelled out as clearly as the public deserves to know," said Walker.

For instance he says, "Christians don't believe they can become gods."

He says if the Mormons would be upfront about their core beliefs, he'd stop his crusade.

First, he's an idiot.

Second, he's wrong about what Christians believe since Mormons, who are Christian, believe differently.

Third, I suspect he is also a liar . I reject that Mormon aren't up front about their beliefs - there is more written information on Mormon beliefs, written by Mormons, than there is on 99% of all other religions. But, even if Mormons were MORE up front, idiots like this guy would simply find another fake issue to attack Mormons on.

Originally posted by Snow@Apr 18 2005, 08:54 PM

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?...CF-0B82A188FAEF

"Some of the doctrines aren't spelled out as clearly as the public deserves to know," said Walker.

For instance he says, "Christians don't believe they can become gods."

He says if the Mormons would be upfront about their core beliefs, he'd stop his crusade.

First, he's an idiot.

Second, he's wrong about what Christians believe since Mormons, who are Christian, believe differently.

Third, I suspect he is also a liar . I reject that Mormon aren't up front about their beliefs - there is more written information on Mormon beliefs, written by Mormons, than there is on 99% of all other religions. But, even if Mormons were MORE up front, idiots like this guy would simply find another fake issue to attack Mormons on.

The funny thing is, there is a group of 'christian preachers' who have converted up in the colony states and they are trying to figure out how to convert their congregations.

It could be the breaking news in about a year ~ whole congregations converting to the LDS church! :D

Hi,

Snow I wouldn't call the guy an idiot. I have started to hang out on the CARM board & a lot of good people have similar concerns. In many cases they are no doubt sincere in trying to save LDS from the deception they think they are under.

They want LDS to get into deep doctrine with people so they can see the LDS missionary program stop working.

A lot of folks won't dignify LDS with the title of Christian.

LDS don't believe the vast difference between creature & creator exist to prevent people from becoming God's.

Also if you see the nasty preachers on Temple Square anti-LDS like Jame's white have repudiated the bad behavior of such groups. You can't lump everybody in the anti-Mormon camp in the same group.

I study anti-Mormon materials on a regular basis. I own all the witnessing to LDS on DVD. I know of only two I would like to add to my collection. I also have all of the tracts organized in note books. The more I read of this stuff the less impressed I am with it. My favorite is entitled The Mormon Puzzle by the Southern Baptists. I also have Ed Deckers the Godmakers on DVD which I have watched six times. All the person's interviewed for the film repeat the same talking points over & over again.

After being involved on the LDS Foundation For Apologetic Information & Research website I just feel answers do exist enough to make an informed choice. http://www.fairlds.org

I attend the Community of Christ Church which traditionally before the mame change has been known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The two ministries that go after us is Paul Trask's

Refiners Fire Ministries & Lifeline to RLDS Ministries by Carol Hanson. I have read the stuff they produce & dissagree with them. We have a book answering Carol's popular book Reorganized LDS Church: Is It Christian? The CARE book has flaws but her book is many times worse. The anti-LDS books I am spending time with like Mormonism 101 by Bill Mckeever & Eric Johnson are just as bad. The books for sale for $5.50. It entitled On Behalf of Christ's Restored Gospel. It's in the book store at http://www.angelmessage.org/care if one is interested in CARE.

I personally prefer them not to stop their crusade. It's sad that the materials hurt people. But in some cases people realize anti-Mormons don't know the real restoration beliefs & are wrong about Mormonism being non-Christian. People assume the problems have no answers. Reach out to such people in love.

I have taken the equevelant of witnessing to LDS training. The only difference is I need a topical guide as I have always had difficulty memorizing scripture. The LDS topical guides in it's King James Bible's are best.

Sincerely,

Dale

The one thing I know is that those who can read the stuff and come out stronger are the ones who will endure to the end. The more shallow testimonies and minds, will suck up the anti-stuff without any deep searching and end up a groupie with the anti's.

There will truly be only a remnant left after this battle for right..... we are in armagedon.

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Apr 19 2005, 05:08 PM

Maybe the guy is an idiot, but I agree with him to a degree.

The LDS really should get read of the practice of "milk before meat".

Investigators should know all the doctrines of the Church before baptism.  If that means they need to attend Sunday School for five years before baptism, so be it. 

Standard books used for teaching need to be re-written so that all doctrines are clearly explained.

Well milk before the meat was good enough for Christ and Paul and all the great men of the church ~ that's good enough for me. Line upon line, precept upon precept.

It always amazes me how people who really aren't in any strength of their own, seem to want to tell the church leaders and God how they should be doing their job. :(

Originally posted by Dale@Apr 19 2005, 12:44 AM

Hi,

Snow I wouldn't call the guy an idiot. I have started to hang out on the CARM board & a lot of good people have similar concerns. In many cases they are no doubt sincere in trying to save LDS from the deception they think they are under.

T

You may not want to call him an idiot but I suspect that you understand that he is, in fact, an idiot and worse. I on the other hand have no qualms about calling idiots idiots. It is not like the were forced against their own volition to be idiots. No, they actively choose to be idiots. They publicize that they are idiots. They call attention to their idiocy and I simply recognize it.

That the guy would stop attacking Mormons if Mormons were "more open" about their beliefs is a crock. He could care less about that. Unless he were a Southern Baptist he could care less if, say, Methodists or Lutherans weren't open about their religion. It's Mormons that he attacks and regardless of how "open" they were, he would continue to attack them. He would just switch his attack to something like, oh, Mormons don't accept the Trinity.

Still, not accepting the Trinity is not the real issue for these clowns who attack other faiths rather than promoting their own. The real issue is that they are so immature and insecure in their faith, and so lacking the light of Christ that they have to create an "other" to demean in order to elevate themselves. Hitler had the Jews. Saddam had the Kurds. The evangelical creeps (not to be confused with evagelicals in general) have Mormons.

Still, not accepting the Trinity is not the real issue for these clowns who attack other faiths rather than promoting their own. The real issue is that they are so immature and insecure in their faith, and so lacking the light of Christ that they have to create an "other" to demean in order to elevate themselves. Hitler had the Jews. Saddam had the Kurds. The evangelical creeps (not to be confused with evagelicals in general) have Mormons.

This is so true! and well said!

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Apr 19 2005, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Apr 19 2005, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 19 2005, 05:33 PM

It always amazes me how people who really aren't in any strength of their own, seem to want to tell the church leaders and God how they should be doing their job. :(

Sorry, what do you mean that I am "not in any strength of my own"? I don't understand what that means, and I am not sure if I should be offended :lol:

You shouldn't be offended by anything I say. I see you as a nice guy, but not a strong one in any direction. I love you to pieces and enjoy your posts, and learn from them, but you aren't leadership material, in my estimation, and I believe we can't say others are not doing a darn good job, if we can't do better ourselves.

That's all I was saying. ;)

Hi,

In some cases idiots in such ministries join the LDS Church. Michael Mistretta became an Ex-Mormon radio talk show host & was involved in outreach to LDS. Later on he rejoined the LDS Church. Some LDS treated him kindly & he responded to their willingness to help him through his issues & he re-joined the LDS Church. I am not sure of his current religious committments Robert L. & Rosemary Browns expose on the Godmakers participants mentioned the story. I try & let people vent without getting angry at them.

Sincerely,

Dale

Hi,

Although I choose not to call him an idiot there are thousands like him. Some churches give classes on LDS beliefs & witnessing to LDS. I get angry when people refuse your beliefs on others sayso. Some of those folks are spawn of Satan. Many are just decieved. I try & generate light not heat. I try & look for light in people.

Sincerely,

Dale

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Apr 20 2005, 02:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Apr 20 2005, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 19 2005, 09:37 PM

You shouldn't be offended by anything I say.  I see you as a nice guy, but not a strong one in any direction. I love you to pieces and enjoy your posts, and learn from them, but you aren't leadership material, in my estimation, and I believe we can't say others are not doing a darn good job, if we can't do better ourselves.

That's all I was saying. ;)

Well, I admit I am not leadership material...and I don't want to be.

But I think I have strong points to my personality :unsure:

No question~! you have a very pleasing and fun personality. :) Your candid honesty is one of the best!

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Apr 20 2005, 03:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Apr 20 2005, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 20 2005, 01:21 PM

No question~! you have a very pleasing and fun personality. :) Your candid honesty is one of the best!

Ok, thanks, I just misunderstood your original comment :)

I don't always say things exactly how I mean them to be understood. :) So never take my comments personally or offensively... ;)

Hi,

I just spent some time checking out the Evidence Ministries website. I am so excited. I spent time looking at some of the articles. I followed the links to every website they suggested. Do you know why I am excited? I am excited to tell you I will enjoy reading out of the Book of Mormon for the rest of my life. Pray for those people they need a miracle to get out from the deception they put themselves under.

Sincerely,

Dale

Originally posted by Dale@Apr 20 2005, 11:37 PM

Hi,

I just spent some time checking out the Evidence Ministries website. I am so excited. I spent time looking at some of the articles. I followed the links to every website they suggested. Do you know why I am excited? I am excited to tell you I will enjoy reading out of the Book of Mormon for the rest of my life. Pray for those people they need a miracle to get out from the deception they put themselves under.

Sincerely,

Dale

Cool. Consider prayers already ascending to heaven in their behalf! ;)

Hi,

I find when my minds chaotic reading the scriptures calms me down. Lately & read from the Book of Mormon & Bible. And at night I try to read from the Book of Doctrine & Covenants. Of course since I attend the Community of Christ I use the official sets. I own several. My missionary set consists of a pretty red New Revised Standard Version from Zondervan & blue paperback editions of the Book of Mormon & D&C. I also enjoy my LDS sets. The LDS Topical Guide & other features make LDS sets quite useable.

I try & do an hour long devotional every day. Because of my interest in Restoration apologetic's I try & throw popular anti-Mormon books after my scripture readings. I just feel anti-Mormon issues are resolveable if you don't go to the wrong people for answers. With FAIR around no person should leave Mormonism without seeking answers first. I smile now at so many of the concerns that used to upset me. i hang out on the FAIR boards under the name of Dale.

I was LDS but I made an awful LDS kid. I never fit with the church. I developed concerns after reading anti-Mormon material. Thankfully I have always felt LDS were christian. I have since stumbled upon so many answers that have to caution people against the stuff. I developed RLDS beliefs in my twenty's. I am awaiting baptism. I found a local congregation I didn't know existed & am going to church Sunday. If I felt Mormonism was bad I wouldn't be attending a Restoration church. Instead I would have joined those obnoxious street preachers on Temple square. Of course some anti-LDS don't like the street preachers because it hurts their image.

Sincerely,

Dale