Enjoying the fruits of my labor.

hordak

As you may or may not know I have raised my children since birth as a SAHD. To say I was inexperienced would be an understatement. I had never held a baby before my daughter was born, let alone cared for one. In fact 5 years ago I could tell you more about Bengal tigers, then children because even though I only went to the zoo once or twice a year it was more often and more interaction then I had with children. During this time we have moved all around the country thousands of miles from family,(no grandparent help) and never really knew kids their age to compare them to,(Socially, academical etc.) so I was pretty much on my own as far as what to teach and when, what they should know etc.

Well now my little girl is "grown up" and and heading of to school this year:D:( .

We got the papers to enroll her which came with a guide Preparing for Kindergarten success. (would have been nice to have longer then 2 months prior to the start of school)

It has all the things kids should have learned in pre school broken down by subject (language, writing, math, reading, science, economics etc.) Then these are broken down further (algebra, geometry, life science,government, etc.)

It was actually a little intimidating seeing the amount of stuff that should be known prior to Kindergarten especially given the subjects ( geometry in kindergarten:eek: , it's not finding the area of a circle but still the title is a little shocking). There are test in the book for every subject and my daughter blew them out of the water for the most part. She is a little behind on writing, from lack of exposure ( I hate washing walls) but other then that is up to par.

:dude:

I don't think those of us who raise kids full time get as much opportunity to be recognized for our work/accomplishments as other workers and the opportunities get further and further apart as time goes on. You land a new client,or sell so much product you get an office party and maybe even a raise. Think that's hard, try potty training.:)

So to my fellow parents "fighting in the ditches", who's workday starts at 6am and end at 10pm. :twothumbsup:

Try potty training when you're the only adult (and obviously the only wage-earner) in the household :P

I'm glad your child is doing so good, she'll love kindergarten. Mine did, too.

And it's ok to be sad if she doesn't seem to miss you on that first day :D

My little one went to preschool at 4 years old. I thought she looked very very small until she smiled at me. With the exception of potty training and sleeping through the night I think all kids are more ready for these independent acts than the parents are.