I think evolution and creation are the same.....

....in some ways. In the Bible it says "And the water brought forth moving creatures." or something like that. "God said Let the earth bring forth living beasts. And it was so." Something like that. I don't get why Christians always have to go around kicking the butts of anyone who believes in evolution. I do not believe man came from apes. Nor do I believe that God said let there be living beasts and ZAP! they were there. I think he created every particle and every atom of the earth. And every living thing evolved. Thats how he created the earth.

Opinions?

They both may have forms of truths but neither is completely right. It does take a life time of prayer and seeking for a personal testimonial of many visions of what was and why...what is a shocker, the universe is not what we think it is and it is not infinite with size.

Natural, you're not LDS?

Because evolution and even the 1 billion other worlds with life in the universe doesn't contradict any of the LDS doctrine. I would even deign to say that it supports it. We can go deeper on this discussion if you want, but if you don't have the basic LDS teaching, you might get really confused as it deviates quite often from mainstream Christian or Theist doctrine.

It's one of the many reasons why I converted to LDS.

No, but I have many more reasons why I'm athiest besides my stance on evolution and creation.

I really haven't been able to study the LDS religion, or even get ahold of a Book of Mormon.

(That's why I created a profile, so I can perhaps get some LDS views and beliefs.)

Just throwing this in here but the way the verse that God created man from the dust of the earth is written poeticly. Hebrew poets would use this to say that someone created something out of what was allready there as a reference to potters creating pots from the earth. So this could mean that he created us from the earth or he caused the correct steps in the evolution process to happen to end up with us. In my own opinion I dont think it matters because either way he still created us and thats what counts. Its not something for us to argue and debate over.

Edited by James_Fryman

No, but I have many more reasons why I'm athiest besides my stance on evolution and creation.

I really haven't been able to study the LDS religion, or even get ahold of a Book of Mormon.

(That's why I created a profile, so I can perhaps get some LDS views and beliefs.)

I actually think that science supports true religion. I havent found a single scrap of true science that opposes what is taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

You can get a Book of Mormon at Mormon.org - Home or you could track down local missionaries but that may be hard depending on where you live

Just throwing this in here but the way the verse that God created man from the dust of the earth is written poeticly. Hebrew poets would use this to say that someone created something out of what was allready there as a reference to potters creating pots from the earth. So this could mean that he created us from the earth or he caused the correct steps in the evolution process to happen to end up with us. In my own opinion I dont think it matters because either way he still created us and thats what counts. Its not something for us to argue and debate over.

But it's been proven that the Bible isn't completely true.

The writers had there say in it, to influence their readers, and due to a misinterpretation of certain things.

They don't even think Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, but was possibly born in Galilee.

Then there are many more such falses, so we can't really base our reasons on what may not be true.

But it's been proven that the Bible isn't completely true.

The writers had there say in it, to influence their readers, and due to a misinterpretation of certain things.

They don't even think Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, but was possibly born in Galilee.

Then there are many more such falses, so we can't really base our reasons on what may not be true.

Of course the bible isnt completely true. We believe that the bible is true if its translated correctly. Looking at what the bible has been through it would be amazing if it wasnt mistranslated somewhere along the line and sadly somepeople wouldve probly changed it on purpose to gain a position of power over others

That really depends on whether you consider bible books like genesis to an allegory or true fact.

It could go either way but I honestly dont think it matters. We know where we came and why were here, we dont need to know how it happened only that it did. We dont need to know that to have faith in God its just human nature to discover the unknown that drives to find out how.

Aw! Then yeah, I see your point-of-view now. There's another thread out there that touches on whether God exists. Would be cool to see your input in that thread if you haven't yet.