LaGarrette Blount vs. Byron Hout

FlyingPurpleMonkey

Guest Godless

Hout's actions were very inappropriate. Did he deserve to get punched? No, and Blount deserved his year-long suspension for punching him. From what I understand, Hout has already been disciplined internally (in addition to being clocked on the chin). I think he's learned his lesson.

Guest Godless

I don't think he learned a thing.... no apologies from him or Boise have been forthcoming. He is probably just some rich punk Mama's boy who still thinks he is the coolest kid in Junior High. He needs to grow up.

Unfortunately, that description fits countless college kids across the nation. Football players aren't immune from such immaturity.

That being said, football is an intense sport that brings out some very strong passions from very large people. Hout's actions were inappropriate, but I've lost count of how many times I've seen players do similar things both in college and the NFL. It's normal for tempers to flare up. The only difference here is that Hout got punched for it. And whatever "internal discipline" he received is probably more than other players get for committing the same offense. Usually it's just a flag and that's it.

I'm a huge Oregon Ducks fan and I'm not happy for the actions by Blount. I am glad Blount was punished for what he did but I am very upset that Boise State did not take any actions on behalf of Hout, their fans, and that they kept showing the punch over and over again inside the stadium, which was egging on the fans. That is just classless. The University of Oregon did their part in punishing Blount and now Boise State needs to do their part in punishing Hout. I have never liked Boise State and now I dislike them even more!

Guest Godless

The only reason why this incident made headlines at all is because Blount punched Hout. Unsportsmanlike conduct happens all the time in every sport, and especially football. It's very unfortunate, but it's also quite normal. I believe both players got what they deserved.