The Broker

Jason

So Im a little new to the "novel" world. This was my first Grisham book. Needless to say, I can see why this one was not made into a movie. It was painfully slow for the first half of the book (which I really didn't mind, but I was wondering when it was going to 'get good'), but picked up in the end.

The ending, which should have been the climax of the text, was a let down. It wasn't as good as I thought it should be. Nothing really gets resolved, as if Grisham was thinking of a Broker II?

Read this only when you've read everything else and have time to kill.

As a sometime Grisham fan, I too was disappointed in this one. I expected better from him based on his other books. I had the same thoughts as you, wondering where the story was going, and finding myself bored when I finally got there. I got to the last page and thought, "that was it?". It was almost as if Grisham himself didn't know how to end the story coherently and just got tired of the book, so he just ended it with a lame climax.

I read 3 or 4 of his first books and then I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over, not that they weren't good - just that when there are so many different genres and stories to read, it's hard to justify spending too much time on the same type of things or on mediocrity