Is This Guy For Real?

hcraighall

Elders Neil L. Andersen and Ronald A. Rasband were sustained Saturday afternoon as new members of the Presidency of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their appointments had been announced by the First Presidency in June.

Elder Rasband, 42, was called to the Seventy in April 2000. He supervises the North America West and North America Northwest areas. He was an executive director of the Temple Department, president of the Utah Salt Lake City Area and a counselor in the Europe Central Area. From 1996-99 he presided over the New York New York North Mission. He was born in Salt Lake City and attended the University of Utah. He received an honorary doctorate of business and commerce from Utah Valley State College. He and his wife, Melanie, have five children and nine grandchildren.

-------------------------

According to my math, that's mission president at age 33, general authority at age 37, and presidency of the seventy at 42.

And by the way, is it even physically possible to have 9 grandchildren by age 42????? :hmmm:

Source: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,615154764,00.html

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by hcraighall@Oct 2 2005, 11:06 PM

Elders Neil L. Andersen and Ronald A. Rasband were sustained Saturday afternoon as new members of the Presidency of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their appointments had been announced by the First Presidency in June.

Elder Rasband, 42, was called to the Seventy in April 2000. He supervises the North America West and North America Northwest areas. He was an executive director of the Temple Department, president of the Utah Salt Lake City Area and a counselor in the Europe Central Area. From 1996-99 he presided over the New York New York North Mission. He was born in Salt Lake City and attended the University of Utah. He received an honorary doctorate of business and commerce from Utah Valley State College. He and his wife, Melanie, have five children and nine grandchildren.

According to my math, that's mission president at age 33, general authority at age 37, and presidency of the seventy at 42.

And by the way, is it even physically possible to have 9 grandchildren by age 42?????    :hmmm:

I could have swore I posted this before... but is it possible they had twins...or a couple of babies a year apart? If he got of his mission and got married at 21... 20 years of having kids can produce a lot of kids... believe me... I had 17 pregnancies during my 20 years... had 9 babies...

Mathematically, yes. He could have even served a mission, too. If he returned from a mission at age 21, or even 20 1/2, since at the time the missions were reduced to 18 months, and got married right after returning, and then had honeymoon triplet girls. He could have been around 21 1/2 with 3 kids. Then if those 3 girls all married soon after age 18, and then each had honeymoon triplets, it is easy to see he could possibly have 9 grandchildren by the age of 41, a year younger than he is reported to be now.

Or, he could have married a widow or divorcee older than him who already had children whom he later adopted or called his own, and then between the kids they produced 9 children.

Nothing seems impossible these days, especially after you have hung around Kentucky hillbillies for a while.

Originally posted by Please+Oct 3 2005, 12:12 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-hcraighall@Oct 2 2005, 11:06 PM

And by the way, is it even physically possible to have 9 grandchildren by age 42?????    :hmmm:

I could have swore I posted this before... but is it possible they had twins...or a couple of babies a year apart? If he got of his mission and got married at 21... 20 years of having kids can produce a lot of kids... believe me... I had 17 pregnancies during my 20 years... had 9 babies...

I agree that one can have 9 babies in 20 years. But I don't see how its possible to start having kids at 21, and then have 9 GRANDCHILDREN by age 42. Even if you have 4 kids by age 25 (one per year after mission), each of these kids would have to start VERY early (and often) to have 9 grandchildren by age 42.

Originally posted by john doe@Oct 3 2005, 12:21 AM

Mathematically, yes. He could have even served a mission, too. If he returned from a mission at age 21, or even 20 1/2, since at the time the missions were reduced to 18 months, and got married right after returning, and then had honeymoon triplet girls. He could have been around 21 1/2 with 3 kids. Then if those 3 girls all married soon after age 18, and then each had honeymoon triplets, it is easy to see he could possibly have 9 grandchildren by the age of 41, a year younger than he is reported to be now.

Or, he could have married a widow or divorcee older than him who already had children whom he later adopted or called his own, and then between the kids they produced 9 children.

Nothing seems impossible these days, especially after you have hung around Kentucky hillbillies for a while.

:D Ok. That's a bit of a stretch, have triplet girls, that all have triplets themselves by age 18... :)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by hcraighall+Oct 2 2005, 11:25 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Oct 3 2005, 12:12 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-hcraighall@Oct 2 2005, 11:06 PM

I agree that one can have 9 babies in 20 years. But I don't see how its possible to start having kids at 21, and then have 9 GRANDCHILDREN by age 42. Even if you have 4 kids by age 25 (one per year after mission), each of these kids would have to start VERY early (and often) to have 9 grandchildren by age 42.

Well it is possile that it was a typo...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Jason@Oct 3 2005, 06:23 PM

hcraighall is clearly an apostate/anti-mormon for even questioning this issue.  Somebody needs to call his stake president asap!  :ph34r:

Actually I believe he is just a ladder climber and this thread is all about his jealousy... :lol::idea::excl:

Originally posted by hcraighall+Oct 2 2005, 10:27 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-john doe@Oct 3 2005, 12:21 AM

:D Ok. That's a bit of a stretch, have triplet girls, that all have triplets themselves by age 18... :)

It may be a stretch, and even improbable, but as I have shown, it is possible to do. Why don't you write him and ask him how he did it if you are so curious? Let us know what the reply is.

Originally posted by Please@Oct 3 2005, 02:48 PM

Well it is possile that it was a typo...

It is definitely a typo, the deseretnews.com fella was probably on drugs when he/she typed it. Mr. Rasband is 54 years old.

Elder Rasband was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1951. He married Melanie Twitchell in 1973. They are the parents of five children and have nine grandchildren.

http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,...-3109-6,00.html

M.