Reconciling Jesus becoming God and Hebrews 13:8

A righteous life is requisite for attaining Godhood, yes, but I've never seen it been taught that mortality must be lived first. Quite the contrary, isn't the Holy Spirit a God who is yet to live on the earth?

To me, eternal and everlasting are not specific to our "eternity". So, as I understand it, Heavenly Father didn't go through his mortal probation in our instance of eternity, but He has always been God in this instance. My mind hurts just trying to explain it(poorly), but I hope I've been at least a little helpful. (This is not official doctrine, as far as I know. It is my personal theory.)

Yep and that's exactly what I'm doing ;) I think it's fair to see both sides of the equation and if somebody has an objection about the LDS church, I come to y'all or ask the Mormon missionary I've been speaking with online, etc. If it's the fullness of the Gospel, it will be proven as Truth. If I haven't said it enough, thanks to you and everybody else on this site as well as Heavenly Father who has guided me here as well through my old friend from high school. It's definitely been a fun journey so far. :)

As a recent convert to the church ( I was baptized 4 months ago) all I can say is keep looking! That spirit that you have felt will guide you through all the objections and doubts because its a powerful force. God wants to reach out to all of us regardless of our 'education' or access to knowledge and this is why prayer and the spirit can be so powerful. We all have access to the blessings that come from it.

In regard to your question, we believe that Jesus was the God of the old testament/Israel Jehovah. As such, he of course is unchanging and fully divine. From the first interaction with mankind, Christ was fully God and fully perfect. Yet, all Christians also believe that christ was a mortal that was born, aged and died. How someone can be born fully human and fully divine is a mystery that I don't think we will be able to fully comprehend in this life.

How timely is this question? I've been trying to hammer out an understanding on other threads. No one has answered your question yet, on this thread. I've been told that Jesus was, indeed, part of the Godhead before becoming man and living a righteous life, which, as I see it, is in direct contradiction to what I think I've understood so far about LDS doctrine; that is, that living a righteous life is a pre-requisite to exaltation.

The way I understand it at least is that Christ was able to do what we need to come to this life to do while in the pre mortal existence. Perhaps his willingness to put himself up as a sacrifice in the pre-mortal council and his willingness to fight alongside God in the war against Satan was enough to lead to his divine status. All of us to some degree or another were incomplete in our progress towards deity and therefore needed to come to earth and to be born. Does that make sense? (This is speculation of course, but its the way I think of it at least.)