How Does This Sound?

lisajo

Well with the up coming holiday.........Thanksgiving, I figure maybe can we ...Just bypass it? and head strait for Christmas? don't get me wrong i like it and all i just don't like the long trip....the crazy arguments with family :blink: ( well maybe just mine is that way) The long trip home.............AHHHHHHHHHH it's just that bump in the road Holiday till the really good one, HEYYYY i can give thanks at Christmas....No problem! So what is everyone else doing Thanksgiving?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 08:26 PM

Well with the up coming holiday.........Thanksgiving, I figure maybe can we ...Just bypass it? and head strait for Christmas?  don't get me wrong i like it and all i just don't like the long trip....the crazy arguments with family  :blink: ( well maybe just mine is that way) The long trip home.............AHHHHHHHHHH it's just that bump in the road Holiday till the really good one, HEYYYY i can give thanks at Christmas....No problem!  So what is everyone else doing Thanksgiving?

Hmmmm I have felt like that some years... and others I get all giddy and excited and go all out... but I never... never... never travel to go to someone elses' place...

I have enjoyed just doing it with an intimate circle of my own here at home....

Originally posted by Please+Nov 9 2005, 06:56 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 08:26 PM

Well with the up coming holiday.........Thanksgiving, I figure maybe can we ...Just bypass it? and head strait for Christmas?  don't get me wrong i like it and all i just don't like the long trip....the crazy arguments with family  :blink: ( well maybe just mine is that way) The long trip home.............AHHHHHHHHHH it's just that bump in the road Holiday till the really good one, HEYYYY i can give thanks at Christmas....No problem!  So what is everyone else doing Thanksgiving?

Hmmmm I have felt like that some years... and others I get all giddy and excited and go all out... but I never... never... never travel to go to someone elses' place...

unfortunately I'm the only one that lives out of town :wacko: But i'd rather go there then them all here :D So goes the Holiday rat race.......Oh well :unsure:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 9 2005, 11:44 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 9 2005, 06:56 PM

unfortunately I'm the only one that lives out of town :wacko: But i'd rather go there then them all here :D So goes the Holiday rat race.......Oh well :unsure:

Bummer... LOL maybe you are going to have to have double plans so that you are only at their home for a short quick visit... and then have other places you can spend the rest of the time...

Originally posted by Please+Nov 9 2005, 09:49 PM-->

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 9 2005, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by Please@Nov 9 2005, 06:56 PM

Bummer... LOL maybe you are going to have to have double plans so that you are only at their home for a short quick visit... and then have other places you can spend the rest of the time...

Well we stay with my parents or i would go nuts!!! And i do find my best buddy from high school and we shop so there is an up side too it :sparklygrin:

LisaJo, it is great that you get to spend some of that time with your friends too. That is alot of what holidays are all about, family and friends and being together to celebrate all that God has given us. We have been so blessed with so many things and if we can all remember to truly thank the Lord for his bounty upon us, then that is the other best part of these holidays.

Some of us will not have the opportunity to be with family, but we still have so much to be thankful for, that we cannot really complain. (And yes, I have done more than my share of complaining about not having what I want, when I want it, and feeling sorry for myself when I am alone. But that does not mean I have the right to complain about anything as much as I have been blessed.)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Josie@Nov 10 2005, 11:11 AM

LisaJo, it is great that you get to spend some of that time with your friends too.  That is alot of what holidays are all about, family and friends and being together to celebrate all that God has given us.  We have been so blessed with so many things and if we can all remember to truly thank the Lord for his bounty upon us, then that is the other best part of these holidays. 

Some of us will not have the opportunity to be with family, but we still have so much to be thankful for, that we cannot really complain.  (And yes, I have done more than my share of complaining about not having what I want, when I want it, and feeling sorry for myself when I am alone.  But that does not mean I have the right to complain about anything as much as I have been blessed.)

Gratitude is so important... focusing on the good things... and not on the bad... a chemical thing happens when we start thinking negatively...

I think thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays of the year... it is really our chance to get our focus adjusted for the rest of the year... and the new year coming up....

Originally posted by Please+Nov 10 2005, 09:15 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Josie@Nov 10 2005, 11:11 AM

LisaJo, it is great that you get to spend some of that time with your friends too.  That is alot of what holidays are all about, family and friends and being together to celebrate all that God has given us.  We have been so blessed with so many things and if we can all remember to truly thank the Lord for his bounty upon us, then that is the other best part of these holidays. 

Some of us will not have the opportunity to be with family, but we still have so much to be thankful for, that we cannot really complain.  (And yes, I have done more than my share of complaining about not having what I want, when I want it, and feeling sorry for myself when I am alone.  But that does not mean I have the right to complain about anything as much as I have been blessed.)

Gratitude is so important... focusing on the good things... and not on the bad... a chemical thing happens when we start thinking negatively...

I think thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays of the year... it is really our chance to get our focus adjusted for the rest of the year... and the new year coming up....

Don't get me wrong i love my family...And i'm very excited to see my oldest son :wow: I guess maybe i'm just a little down on how much my family ( Sisters etc.) changed since i have been gone! there used to be so much love and everyone got along so well,

One time I told one of my sisters i was very worried about another sister, she is diabetic and she was drinking an auwful lot..we had just lost my younger brother to a drug over dose ( he was ill and was taking to different meds and took to much of one because of the pain) She looked at me and said ( this is no lie) "at least we have another grave in the family plot.....I wont tell you what i said to her! well about a week later i told my other sister how i was concerned about My sister that was drinking...And she repeated" at least we have a another grave in the family plot..." I could tell my 2 sisters both had discused this together.....My heart sank...what happened to my family? :(

Guest Member_Deleted

Don't get me wrong i love my family...And i'm very excited to see my oldest son :wow:  I guess maybe i'm just a little down on how much my family ( Sisters etc.) changed since i have been gone! there used to be so much love and everyone got along so well,

One time I told one of my sisters i was very worried about another sister, she is diabetic and she was drinking an auwful lot..we had just lost my younger brother to a drug over dose ( he was ill and was taking to different meds and took to much of one because of the pain) She looked at me and said ( this is no lie) "at least we have another grave in the family plot.....I wont tell you what i said to her!  well about a week later i told my other sister how i was concerned about My sister that was drinking...And she repeated" at least we have a another grave in the family plot..." I could tell my 2 sisters both had discused this together.....My heart sank...what happened to my family? :(

How disheartening. I can understand why you find it hard to go spend time with them...

But maybe you are important in that you don't feel like they do... and you need to have them feel your different presence... it isn't easy I know.... -_-