Over Coming Adversity

lisajo

OK How do we over come this Adversity that is taking over our bored? Using the ignore function on everyone doesnt get us any where, ........How would one know if some one was actually agreeing with what a person says, or for that matter saying something that is truley a great piece of wisdom,

Guest LDSister

First, if you agree with someone, it would be a good idea to tell that person that you agree with them, as opposed to posting something that might be understood in a number of different ways. ;)

Secondly, I have felt less adversity ignoring those who have been abusive toward me in my short history in this forum.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 21 2005, 12:10 PM

First, if you agree with someone, it would be a good idea to tell that person that you agree with them, as opposed to posting something that might be understood in a number of different ways. ;)

Secondly, I have felt less adversity ignoring those who have been abusive toward me in my short history in this forum.

Ari....... I agreed with you on some thing today and you downed me by saying that i am now being ignored........whats that about?

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:00 PM

OK How do we over come this Adversity that is taking over our bored?  Using the ignore function on everyone doesnt get us any where, ........How would one know if some one was actually agreeing with what a person says, or for that matter saying something that is truley a great piece of wisdom,

For some people it's just easier to deal with only those who agree with them. Some just can't stand being corrected or contradicted. The way I see it, if you have problems hearing opinions other than your own and can't deal with that in a mature manner, you should probably avoid message boards, especially those dealing with religion or politics. B)

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:00 PM

OK How do we over come this Adversity that is taking over our bored?  Using the ignore function on everyone doesnt get us any where, ........How would one know if some one was actually agreeing with what a person says, or for that matter saying something that is truley a great piece of wisdom, 

Lisajo it's a bad seed. ;)

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:13 PM

Ari....... I agreed with you on some thing today and you downed me by saying that i am now being ignored........whats that about?

Did you say you were agreeing with me? If you agree with me, then agree with me by saying so! Lately, I have seen you poking fun and ridiculing me...so, I put you on ignore.

Originally posted by LDSister+Nov 21 2005, 02:32 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:13 PM

Did you say you were agreeing with me? If you agree with me, then agree with me by saying so! Lately, I have seen you poking fun and ridiculing me...so, I put you on ignore.

I am not sure how this works. If you put her on ignore how do you see her posts? :dontknow:

Ari you read things into things so you can see what you want to see...and what you always seem to want to see is everyone ridiculing you, if everyone took a fence to every comment made to them they would be parinoid forever.......

Before you reply to this check my next post below!

Ari i have always admired some of your posts........and always thought you were a good strong woman, that does not mean i always agree with you! Some times I make smart A** comments but that does not mean i hate you or always disagree with you, Some times your Whinning about stuff gets out of control, and you post it every where, I would rather look at the positve stuff comming out of you than the whinning,

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:41 PM

Ari i have always admired some of your posts........and always thought you were a good strong woman, that does not mean i always agree with you!  Some times I make smart A** comments but that does not mean i hate you or always disagree with you,  Some times your Whinning about stuff gets out of control, and you post it every where, I would rather look at the positve stuff comming out of you than the whinning,

I'm very sorry you feel this way. That doesn't give you the right to judge or label me, simply because you don't understand me.

Originally posted by LDSister+Nov 21 2005, 12:58 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 21 2005, 02:41 PM

Ari i have always admired some of your posts........and always thought you were a good strong woman, that does not mean i always agree with you!   Some times I make smart A** comments but that does not mean i hate you or always disagree with you,  Some times your Whinning about stuff gets out of control, and you post it every where, I would rather look at the positve stuff comming out of you than the whinning,

I'm very sorry you feel this way. That doesn't give you the right to judge or label me, simply because you don't understand me.

Labeling? Judging?

so i was labeling you as a good stong woman.........

and i was judging you??????????????????????

Jinkies you take everthing i say wrong

Please just put me back on ignor then, I just don't get you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no right to judge any one ...either do you,

I beleive we all have the right to pass judgement and label anyone and everyone. What we dont have the right to do is to pass this judgement or post this label in a way that is offinsive or hurtful or negitive. If your judgement or assesment or label of someone can not be presented in a way that isn't "against your rights" then simply keep it to yourself. And dont go PMing others with your negitivity either becuase that's called gossip and that never leads down a good path.

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 21 2005, 01:06 PM

I beleive we all have the right to pass judgement and label anyone and everyone.  What we dont have the right to do is to pass this judgement or post this label in a way that is offinsive or hurtful or negitive.  If your judgement or assesment or label of someone can not be presented in a way that isn't "against your rights" then simply keep it to yourself.  And dont go PMing others with your negitivity either becuase that's called gossip and that never leads down a good path.

OUCHY WA WA!

Guest LDSister

Labeling someone "paranoid"..."stupid"...etc, doesn't mean that the person who is labeled fits that description. What it means is that person doing the labeling feels the need (for whatever reason) to label and judge.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 21 2005, 01:18 PM

Labeling someone "paranoid"..."stupid"...etc, doesn't mean that the person who is labeled fits that description. What it means is that person doing the labeling feels  the need (for whatever reason) to label and judge.

Never did that your just turning things around..........

you make it look like i was ridiculing you,

Ok now you can quote my on this................

You are getting a Martyre compex

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 21 2005, 02:58 PM

Oh, you mean like when you said that the "all seeing eye" of my Fraternity was actually a Satanic consipracy to bring about a one world government?

Like that Tammy (aka Ari, aka Ari 2, aka LDSister)?

And then when I asked you to prove your baseless accusation, you moved on to say that I shouldn't be on an LDS board in the first place.

Then I asked you to apologize for being wrong about me. And you've ignored my request.

What a great example you are... :blink:

Originally posted by Tammy@Nov 21 2005, 04:12 PM

What do you mean Jason??

Not you!!

LDSister formerly used the name Ari and Ari 2. On an email she posted it was addressed to "tammy". I think her real name is Tammy.

Im in no way talking about you. Sorry for the mix up.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Tammy@Nov 21 2005, 04:12 PM

What do you mean Jason??

Tammy, my username, Ari, was stolen*name was not stolen, it was lost in a system glitch * and I was banned.*by mistake * A moderator changed it to Ari2, which I did not use, and I requested that my username be changed back to Ari. For some reason, it was not changed back to Ari, and I haven't been able to use that name since. So, I decided to use the name, LDSister, since that's what I am. Some ppl are saying that I'm an infiltrator, or have split personalities, but I assure you, that isn't the case! (Hence, the reason for the ignore option.)

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 21 2005, 04:04 PM

Oh, you mean like when you said that the "all seeing eye" of my Fraternity was actually a Satanic consipracy to bring about a one world government? 

And then when I asked you to prove your baseless accusation, you moved on to say that I shouldn't be on an LDS board in the first place. 

Then I asked you to apologize for being wrong about me.  And you've ignored my request.

Keep it up mister, and you'll be joining Snow and me (and others) on the IGNORE list. B)

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 21 2005, 02:25 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Nov 21 2005, 04:04 PM

Then I asked you to apologize for being wrong about me.  And you've ignored my request.

Keep it up mister, and you'll be joining Snow and me (and others) on the IGNORE list. B)

LOL he is on here ignored list

Guest LDSister

The Lord said to the Prophet Joseph Smith: "And see that there is no iniquity in the church, neither hardness with each other, neither lying, backbiting, nor evil speaking" (D&C 20:54). "Thou shalt not speak evil of thy neighbor, nor do him any harm" (D&C 42:27). "Cease to contend one with another; cease to speak evil one to another" (D&C 136:23).

This topic was started by you, lisajo...what are you doing to overcome adversity?