Valentines day?

justaname

My wife and I never do anything for V-Day as her birthday is Feb 1 and mine is Feb 24. So we just roll everything into one nice night out(dinner and a movie of HER choice). This year we had planned on taking an overnight trip to Seattle without the kids for dinner at the space needle and seeing the sites, but we have had to put that on hold for now. I will most likely get her a card and make her favorite dinner at home instead.

I think the journal idea is beautiful! Could you get someone to take the kids for the night? I would run her a nice bubble bath, prepare dinner, do the dishes and then give her a nice foot massage. Is there a airport near by where you can watch the planes? I always think that is romantic when they do that in the movies!

Well, Valentines day was a success. I tried to get tickets to the symphony, but the wife didnt seem too excited about trying that out. On Saturday, I sent her out to go shopping while I stayed at home and wrote her a letter of sorts. I listed 50 things that I love about her, or certain things in our home that bring back certain memories we have together. I then taped each of the messages in various places or attached them to certain items that corresponded with the message I wrote. Some of them she has found already, and others will probably take a long time before she comes across them. So far, she has found about 15 of the 50.

I then arranged for a sitter and we just went out for a typical date. Yeah, we just did dinner and a movie, but the message thing went over really well. I think I scored some serious brownie points. Thanks for the suggestions folks!

Now, what to do next year. . .