Reformed Egyptian Responses to New Criticisms

KerryShirts

Here is my response to an answer concerning my videos on Reformed Egyptian that I am "proving too much" in claiming English is also a reformed Egyptian script. No, quite frankly, I am not "proving too much," I am proving that I am not the first one to indicate the archaeological evidence showing precisely this situation, not only with English script, but Latin, Roman, Greek, Etruscan, Hebrew. Paleo-Hebrew, Proto-Sinaitic, all of which came out of the Egyptian hieroglyphic.

See here:

YouTube - TheBackyardProfessor's Channel

Guest mysticmorini

its great work, and to those who have faith its up lifting, but to skeptics and critics it makes no difference. you could show them the gold plates and they would argue that they are not translated correctly, god could appear and tell them they were true and they would say it was a devil trying to deceive them. don't get discouraged, its part of the grand plan that some won't believe, look at laman and lemule, they saw an angel and yet they still rebelled.

its great work, and to those who have faith its up lifting, but to skeptics and critics it makes no difference. you could show them the gold plates and they would argue that they are not translated correctly, god could appear and tell them they were true and they would say it was a devil trying to deceive them. don't get discouraged, its part of the grand plan that some won't believe, look at laman and lemule, they saw an angel and yet they still rebelled.

Very good points! It's O.K., we all have gifts to share with the world, and different points of view.

Cool - the backyard prof is posting on LDS.net? I'm a big fan of the backyard prof :).

It may make no diff to "most" critics/skeptics, but I think it does make a BIG diff to other members in the church. Especially those who might have a faltering testimony and need to see the other side of it all.

I'm glad we don't have all of the orig text - there would just be a bunch of speculations about what translations are best etc. etc. like there is with the Bible. We don't need 1000 different versions of the BoM or PoGP etc. etc. LOL - just think, the KJV, the NIV, etc. etc. of the BoM ;). letter of the law vs. the spirit of it? One version, and one only, let's everyone concentrate on the spirit of it rather than the words....

Proof or no proof - just read it with an open heart, and you'll know :).

Heh...... yeah it's a faith proposition. I just happen to believe that it is a faith proposition with a lot of evidence, and more coming out all the time.....it's enjoyable to think on these things is all. I also enjoy sharing ideas. Videos are a rather fun way to do so......