Bragging Rights

sgallan

Before I go off into ethernet and lurk mode.....

I am going to claim bragging rights on my kid. She is working on her black belt in Tae Kwan do. Became a rock climber. Won a state championship in wrestling against boys in both freestyle and folkstlye. She has four now. Won a state championship against girls... as usual.... I lost count of those. AND..... won nationals in wrestling against girls in folkstyle and freestyle (her matches in folkstyle below) as well as wining Outstanding Wrestler. And more important than all of the athletic and activity stuff..... her academics are terrific!

PS Setheus.... the reason I asked you about Miracle.... his little girl is Reni's age and every bit as tough. They became best buddies at a regional tournament recently. They never met up in a match but it would have been a good one. A typical girls match.... they would have tried to throttle each other, hugged at the end, one would have been devestated in tears for about 10 minutes, and then they would go back to being best buddies like nothing happened.

Reni Gallan, Arizona, Fall Emily Girard, Illinois, :12

Reni Gallan, Arizona, Fall Mattie Emmendorfer, Michigan, :15

Reni Gallan, Arizona, Fall Isabelle Davids, Michigan, :48

Reni Gallan, Arizona, Fall Cassidy Ferrell, Pennsylvania, :39

Reni Gallan, Arizona, Fall Teshya Alo, Hawaii, :35

Finally, feel free to claim bragging rights of your child on this thread. We should be proud of our childrens accomplishments. They work really hard and deserve recognition. :)

My children are my two dobes. Brutus and Sabbath. They're 3 years old. Both have earned their Schutzhund (Sch H III) title in tracking, obedience, and protection. (both have had real world experience with a man I had to defend against in a park)

Proudest moment....Brutus went for the arm of the agitator and Sabbath leaped up and got the guy by the face... Of course we failed that particular test but we retook it and passed with flying colors of a perfect 100pts. The guy only needed 24 stitches to his brow and 5 to his left cheek. But no hard feelings.

Seth..........OUCH ya you must be real proud LOL!!! ;) And Scott thats awesome your daughter is so tough!!!!!!! ;) I have 4 boys and well...............not much hope in the athletic feild (exept for weight lifting) But my oldest is a comic artist and has done some album covers for up comming bands, i guess i can brag that LOL! :sparklygrin:

Sabbath is 32in at the withers and 110lbs. Brutus is 30in and 107lbs. Both are over the "ideal" standard for the breed according to the AKC and DCA but they do very well against the "ideal" dogs of 27-28in 95lb dobermans. I got them so large by first finding a breeder who specialized in larger "yet still quality" dobermans. And instead of feeding them store bought dog food I just buy the needed ingrediants and suplements that they need and make them food from scratch, home made. Its not as much work as it sounds. I also give them one hard boiled egg each daily with a "One a Day" multi-vitamin stuffed inside. The egg makes the coat shine and prevent dandraft while the vitamin does what you'd think a vitamin would do. Also, for added bulk I give them each a slice of cheese once a week.

We run a min of 4 miles every other day.... I alternate days with a swim which they do not go with me on* and I take them to the dog park and make them run the doggy obsticle course on the days I swim. They motovate me to stay in shape and it works out for them too.

Right now I am getting them into frisbee. They will catch it and even leap high into the air to get it....but then they just want to play tug o war with it with eachother and forget I'm there waiting LOL We'll get past that soon.

The newest addition to my gang is a 6 month old black/rust minature pinscher named Chronus. He by far is the leader of the pack.

Guest ToasterOfen

Originally posted by sgallan@Dec 15 2005, 07:54 PM

Nobody else wants to talk about their kids? Even the furry kind?

I'm getting around to it...I have 5 kiddo's, so it takes me more than a minute to sit down and tell you all how awesome they are. Right now, it has just been soooo busy. Tomorrow, I'll take a few moments and tell you about my awesome little rug-rats!